How do call comp's work?

Information on duck calls and duck calling tips.

Moderators: okiequacker, callinfowl, stumpjumper, Mallyard

How do call comp's work?

Postby DuckPlayer » Tue Oct 12, 2004 7:56 pm

Can anybody tell me how calling comps work? Is there a set routine or a certain lenth of time for a routine? A friend of mine from work and I were going to go to Cabelas in Kearney, Ne. this year for their calling contest but we both got called into work(being oncall 24/7 really sucks),anyway his wife went and took 2nd place in the ladies division, but I,ve never been to any calling competitions,though we did go to a seminar hosted by Ted Nugent this year. Any help would be apreciated,and if you've competed give me some hints :mrgreen:
Some days you do everything right and don,t bag a thing , Some days you do everything wrong and still get LUCKY !!!
DuckPlayer
Pro Hunter

Postby Bret » Tue Oct 12, 2004 9:07 pm

Well.... there are differant kinds of duck comps main street, meat, two man meat.... All that I have been to are a 90 second rutine. meat style contests usually don't allow you to ring the call mainstreet requires you to ring the call. All contests that I have been to require you to hail the ducks, settle them down, feed.... lose them, bring em back, circle, and settle feed, and land 'em. I hope that helps some I could write a novel the best advice I can give you is just to attend some and check them out.

bret
Bret
hunter

Return to Duck Calls and Calling Forum