Well this stinks

A place to share Idaho bird hunting knowledge and discuss Idaho hunting tactics.

Moderators: donell67, jjohnson_714, casey_714

Well this stinks

Postby casey_714 » Thu Dec 08, 2005 5:41 pm

Well, this has never happened to us before, but we're frozen up here in Northern Idaho. All of the boat launches are completely frozen over and i don't know of anywhere to hunt without a boat that isn't allready froze up, either. It was 0 degrees when i went out this morning. This really sucks because the hunting was starting to get really good and I wanted to hunt up to the very last day of the season, but I just don't know what to do. Is anyone else having this problem?
casey_714
State Moderator

Postby Butchhe » Thu Dec 08, 2005 8:01 pm

Down hear the weather is warmer, about 4 degrees, and the river is still flowing freely. All the smaller water is frozen up though. I'll be heading out Saturday morning.
Butchhe
hunter

Postby casey_714 » Sat Dec 10, 2005 8:42 pm

Well we tried walking down river from the boat launch for about 1/2 a mile today. We drug an inflatable raft (please don't laugh, it's all we could do) with all of our stuff in it. I ended up getting 2 geese and a bluebill, and my brother got a pintail. Anyways, it looks like i will at least have 1 spot until the end of the season if everything works out ok.
casey_714
State Moderator

Postby HaydenHunter » Mon Dec 12, 2005 10:08 am

I spent last weekend chasing pheasants and quail in Oregon.

Some of my buds whacked 'em pretty good on Saturday. The birds are still here but the challenge is finding where to hunt them.

Casey, I sent you a pm with an idea or two.
HaydenHunter
hunter

Return to Idaho Duck Hunting