Sunday Crying in Virginia

For discussions about the spiritual things in ones life.

Moderators: gracenjohn, Preacher1011, La. Hunter

Sunday Crying in Virginia

Postby LEWDOG » Mon Sep 13, 2010 9:32 pm

September 12TH I didn't go to church , instead I logged onto the forums and yet again spent the morning reading tear jerking tails of how hunters want the ban on Sunday hunting lifted. Then that Sunday night I went to a church meeting where the preacher was talking to her church flock (two churches)about the need to get people coming to church and becoming a member. Both churches are not getting the money to keep thing up and running. http://www.zetify.com/churches/in/Virginia-Churches This one is saying that Va. has 7,330 churches with 2,740,720 Christians in Virginia. I wonder how many of them are hunters and how many hunters will go hunting instead of church if the Sunday hunting ban is lifted ? I myself will still go to church on most Sundays but if the ban gets removed and we have a weather front to move through my church will be in a blind that day . Any who how I was wondering what y'all think about it all ?

:hi: LD :hammer:
A Market Hunter born 100 years to late
:)/\__________<*)((((>{
The hardest thing a duck hunter in Va. has to do is to Not read more into the blind laws then what is in black and white . Lewdog 1999
http://www.vawfa.org
LEWDOG
hunter

Re: Sunday Crying in Virginia

Postby mixedbag916 » Tue Sep 14, 2010 12:35 pm

Being a Californian, I didn't know a state has banned hunting on Sundays. Sounds a bit archaic. I mean, this is supposedly a free country. As for me, I hunt some Sundays, not on others. I fish on some Sundays, and also have been on vacation on some Sundays. Just because you're not in Church on a Sunday doesn't make you bad. Again, this is more of a religious thing that a relationship thing. Just because I'm not at Church doesn't mean I'm not having a relationship with Jesus. God is everywhere, not just at Church. I mean, there are 6 other days in the week...
"for I can do everything God asks me to with the help of Christ who gives me the strength and power" Philippians 4:13
mixedbag916
hunter

Re: Sunday Crying in Virginia

Postby ILgoosehunter12 » Sat Sep 18, 2010 10:29 pm

mixedbag916 wrote:Being a Californian, I didn't know a state has banned hunting on Sundays. Sounds a bit archaic. I mean, this is supposedly a free country. As for me, I hunt some Sundays, not on others. I fish on some Sundays, and also have been on vacation on some Sundays. Just because you're not in Church on a Sunday doesn't make you bad. Again, this is more of a religious thing that a relationship thing. Just because I'm not at Church doesn't mean I'm not having a relationship with Jesus. God is everywhere, not just at Church. I mean, there are 6 other days in the week...

me neither. that sounds kind of Unconstitutional. but anyways, i am a Christian. I do go to church. and i agree, that just because you dont go to church every sunday doesnt mean you are a bad person. sometimes, i just want to be outdoors and admire what God has created. or just stay in the house and reflect on my actions by myself. thats how my mom is, she thinks that its a bid deal to miss a Sunday service to go hunting or fishing.
I don't want it, i just need it. To breathe, to feel, to know I'm alive
ILgoosehunter12
hunter

Return to Faith-Spirituality