Duck Hunting Forum banner

2 Zone 3 Tags Filled

903 views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  Dep6 
#1 ·
Been a long night, started kinda late but we fulfilled our goal for the night. First up was a 5 foot 2 that we found, took over an hour of riding to find him.

We took that one back to get him on ice after looking for a bit more with no success. Almost at the boatramp I spotted eyes off in the distance and we went back at it. Once close to that one, it dropped. Spotted another set of eyes and trolled over to them, it too dove on us but we were in shallow water and could see it sitting on the bottom, right off the stern of the boat where I could not throw a harpoon at it. Passed it back to partner in the back of the boat and told him to put everything he had into it and he did, boy he sure did, the water explosion beside us when he struck with the harpoon, was nothing short of astounding to watch and hear, this was one ticked off bull gator that float and harpoon kept on moving. Realizing I had forgot shells for the bangstick in the truck, thankfully we were only a couple hundred yards from the boat ramp. Took a break, motored over and grabbed my .357 shells and headed back. Got back over there and the harpoon and float were up in the grass, motored over and he was head up in the grass, got real close and put one in his head, water exploded again and the float and harpoon pole, moved about 100 feet just about as quick as you could blink. Waited a few minutes and decided to pull him up and see what we had, well it was a good plan, he just didn't want to cooperate and I foolishly violated my rule one, to some extent, I tied him off to the boat and was going to drag him out to open water and get out of the grass and algae floating in the water, well he didn't want to cooperate with that plan since he was still kicking, tried a 2nd dart in him but it would not stay in, finally got another dart in him but the first one pulled out somehow, got him thrashing up beside the boat and put a couple more in the back of his head with my .40. decided he was not down for the count and put a couple more in for good measure. Now saw the air bubbles come out of him and knew he was ours. Got a gaff on him too and idled him over to the bank by the boat ramp, taped his mouth shut and tag applied to the tail and he was ours!! 9 foot 5, 230 lbs,

See less See more
#2 ·
so is the grand slam gator hunt?? way to go, nice lizards :thumbsup:

#5 ·
:lol: :lol: :lol: good one, he would fit right in!!

#6 ·
NOOOOOOOOOO to Swamp People but we did manage a 6'10 today out of Zone 5, pics to follow. But my partner was hollering at me just like Troy did on, "Choot him, choot him", all I could do was laugh!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.