Can I have some help

If sea duck hunting is your specialty, then share your thoughts on Rhode Island duck hunting with others.

Moderator: TheSwamper

Can I have some help

Postby sbarr7 » Sun Sep 19, 2010 8:20 pm

Hi guys can someone please help me. I am 15 just took the tags off of the knew camo unboxed the camo mossberg me and my freind are rookies we want to hunt duck this year. In RI but i am fifteen and nobody in my family waterfoul hunts they all hunt deer so i need to figure out every thing about duck hunting my self. And the problem is is the dem site is confusing the heck out of me i have no clue wear to go hunting and what permits i need and any other tips. also i am hunting with my shotgun leaglely its my dads cause at fifteen you cant buy a gun or ammo my dad wont be hunting so i will be in full possetion of the gun during the hunt is that leagle. also i dont have a dog and i am willing to take any advise cause after reading some of the forms alot of greenhorns lookked like idiots an ruined alot of hunts and i dont want to do that i just want to get better educated before i go out there i may even sit out this season and just learn alot more
sbarr7
hunter

Re: Can I have some help

Postby Dylandawg » Mon Sep 20, 2010 2:44 pm

Sbarr,

Since you are still are 15 you don't need duck stamps till you turn 16 years old, just a state license. You are legal in the states eyes to hunt on your own without adult supervision. What questions do you have as far as duck hunting? What town do you live in?

It seems that in the last few years that most of my hunting partners are still in high school. Which I don't mind in the least, it's brought a new light into hunting. So maybe another new person in the party won't hurt. Let's chat and see what happens.
Dylandawg
hunter

Re: Can I have some help

Postby sbarr7 » Tue Sep 21, 2010 7:02 pm

Dylandawg wrote:Sbarr,

Since you are still are 15 you don't need duck stamps till you turn 16 years old, just a state license. You are legal in the states eyes to hunt on your own without adult supervision. What questions do you have as far as duck hunting? What town do you live in?

It seems that in the last few years that most of my hunting partners are still in high school. Which I don't mind in the least, it's brought a new light into hunting. So maybe another new person in the party won't hurt. Let's chat and see what happens.

Thanks i am in the northan section of the state so i will most likely be hunting at buck hill in the swamps I dont have a dog and my canue would be to much of a hassile binging in and out so how shold I retreive the birds and when you hunt at a place like buck hill can you just go and hunt or do you need to go to a chekin station or call for permision
sbarr7
hunter

Return to Rhode Island Duck Hunting