Duck Hunting Forum banner

Visiting South Carolina Waterfowler

1K views 6 replies 2 participants last post by  canbakchaser 
#1 ·
I would very much appreciate some help from some Colorado waterfowlers. I am a avid duck hunter in South Carolina. I do my fair share of scouting and hate "cyber scouters" as we call them. I put in my time to find the ducks I hunt.

With that being said I am flying to Denver this Sat., September 25, 2010. I will only be able to hunt Mon or Tues of next week. (i.e. September 27th or 28th). I have looked at the regulations and it appears only the pacific flyway will be open to duck hunting. I am willing to travel. It is not uncommon for me to drive 3 hours just to get to a duck hole in SC.

I need to know some reputable guides in the pacific flyway. Normally I would take a boat when I take out of state duck hunting trips but I am flying with my father so I have to leave the boat behind. I also don't have time to scout. I wish I did because I dont mind scouting to find ducks.

I am looking for a professional or amatuer guide (i.e. willing to let another man from SC come along on a hunt). I am willing to pay someone for their time. I plant duck ponds in SC so I know it takes time, money and hard work to get ready for duck season.

I would love to kill a cinnamon teal while I am in town. I know gun safety and duck hunting etiquette. I am not trying to step on anyones toes here.... just trying to find a place to duck hunt.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have access to 2,000 acres in SC so I would be willing to take someone turkey hunting in return. Deer hunting is also available in SC but I'm sure all of you get enough of that in Colorado.

Please help me. My phone number is 803-451-1937 if any one wants to contact me via telephone.

Thanks again.

See less See more
#4 ·
I will be staying at a hotel in Denver. I will have a car and I will take it where I need to go. It is nothing for me to leave at 1:00 am drive all night and hunt at 6. There is slim pickins in SC. You have to be willing to do it to be successful.

Please help putting me on some ducks. An ideal morning would be seeing a large number of ducks, killing a few, taking in the colorado landscape and meeting some good ol colorado boys.

Like I said if any of you ever make it SC I can do the same for you.

#6 ·
Yea I checked it out. It looks good. I would prefer to find something closer to Denver but it will work if I cant find anything else.

I'm trying to figure out how far west I need to go. I understand I at least have to get west of the continental divide. I don't know the layout of Colorado. Do people kill ducks in the mountains or do you have to stick to the valleys?

A buddy of mine said he live in Colorado for 4 years and killed the hec out of them on the Colorado river about an hour or two west of Denver. I understand the Colorado river is large so his description doesn't get me very far. We are meeting for lunch tomorrow so I can pick his brain.

Where does the continental divide cross I-70? is their good duck habitat near the continental divide and I-70? If their is I will see what I can find around that area. If not I will head west

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.