The end of Vermont Duck Stamps in 2011

Waterfowl topics at their best, post here and read others views on Vermont duck hunting

Moderator: yellodog1

The end of Vermont Duck Stamps in 2011

Postby yellodog1 » Fri Sep 24, 2010 2:53 pm

This is the last year that collectors, hunters and other conservationists will be able to obtain a Vermont "duck stamp" with an image of a waterfowl species on it. Vermont's highly successful Migratory Waterfowl Stamp Program has raised more than $3.5 million and helped conserve almost 8,500 acres of wildlife habitat, but beginning in 2011, the stamp will be in the form of a validation sticker, similar to current hunting and fishing license validation stickers.

The change is being made to facilitate the Vermont Fish and Wildlife Department's move toward electronic licensing and to reduce costs associated with administering the duck stamp and print program, which will allow more duck stamp monies to be used on wetland conservation projects in future years. The 2010 stamp features a dramatic photo of a drake wood duck and represents the last chance for conservation-minded collectors to purchase state duck stamps.

http://www.vtfishandwildlife.com/Detail ... y__ID=1708
Hunt Vermont
yellodog1
State Moderator

Re: The end of Vermont Duck Stamps in 2011

Postby VT_Diver-Junkie » Mon Sep 27, 2010 6:46 am

I don't like it at all! I look forward to seeing what beautiful stamp they come up with every year, also started collecting them ever since my 1st one like 9 years ago :( Sad to see go
Theres nothing like frostbite and gunpowder in the air!!!!
VT_Diver-Junkie
hunter

Return to Vermont Duck Hunting