Duck Hunting Forum banner

Blind in wheat field

3K views 13 replies 8 participants last post by  dbltap169 
#1 ·
What are some of the best things you guys have used to blend blinds into a cut wheatfield??????????

#12 ·
Here's something I'm trying this year:

Twin size fitted sheet in green (sprayed with a little brown paint), cut to fit layout blind doors. Hit it with spray adhesive and stick grass clippings from mowing the yard to it (mix in longer grass as needed). Spray the grass with cheap green paint (that matches wheat) before you glue it to keep it green instead of turning brown.

I'm sure I'll have to re-glue grass during season, but I don't hunt cut wheat too much so hopefully it will be an easy way to blend in for those few hunts. Then again it may be more of a pain than anything. I guess we'll see.

#13 ·
I think the best thing you can do is to age your blind. You can mud it or whatever, but I'm lazy. When I got it, I just left it outside in my dirt driveway for a month or so during early fall, when we get some rainy days and some sunny. Knocked the sheen right off and looks pretty good without even stubbling it.

Another thing I've heard of is head down to Michael's or a local craft store and buy some raffia, I hear it holds up good.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.