Broomhandle Mauser

From the .22 to the mighty 50 caliber

Moderator: fowl_wishes

Broomhandle Mauser

Postby Slack Tide » Thu Sep 30, 2010 3:15 pm

Hey Boys,
I have a few questions about this thing, but I will begin with:
1) What would be a range of value for it being that it is in 8+ condition (conservatively), has the wooden holster/stock and is clean as hell with all the German stamps etc (no swastika)
2) How the hell do you open the action? There is the trigger and the trigger safety and then you have the T shaped firing pin receiver that seems to be shaped to pull back between your fingers. Stuck! But clean, no rust etc......
Thoughts,
??
"I've been left for dead before but I'll still fight on, don't wait up, leave the light on, I'll be home soon"
Chris Smither
Slack Tide
hunter

Re: Broomhandle Mauser

Postby texan68 » Thu Oct 21, 2010 10:22 pm

Not sure on the operation of the pistol, but look on gunbroker for a roundabout price. I was into that kinda stuff years ago after I was handed down a 1914 Mauser pocket pistol - 32 cal. Unfortunantly the firing pin broke during a cleaning......just too dang old.
Leave it better than you found it. Pick up your empties.
texan68
hunter

Re: Broomhandle Mauser

Postby GroundSwatter » Fri Oct 22, 2010 9:36 am

I have no idea, but post some pics of it. THose things are awesome.
It's a fact that 70 percent of the people who purchase heavier tackle do so with the categorical I just lost a huge snook! Einstein Hairdo.The other 30 percent have either Tarpon Fever or are sporting a hand cramped into a claw from a deepwater grouper.
GroundSwatter
hunter

Return to Rifle and Handgun forum