First-time ND hunter

Share your insight with others in the North Dakota duck hunting forum in the heart of the Prairie Pothole Region.

Moderator: Chris_Hustad

First-time ND hunter

Postby ncsu4ducks » Sat Oct 02, 2010 9:54 pm

I am living in Iowa this fall for job training, and want to come to ND to do some duck hunting while I am out west. I have been reading some posts about out-towners coming in and disrespecting the land. I assure you I am not one of them. I am a farmboy from NC, so I have a great respect for agriculture and what farmers do.

I was thinking about hunting public land/PLOTS land, and the fields/potholes in the south east part of the state. Any suggestions on what areas would be the most successful to someone new to ND duck hunting? I don't want to make the trip and not know what I'm getting into. It looks like Logan County has quite a few public land opportunities....Just looking for a good starting point for my adventure...any tips would be greatly appreciated.
ncsu4ducks
hunter

Re: First-time ND hunter

Postby hunt-chessies » Sun Oct 03, 2010 5:55 am

I don't know about that area but I would guess it will be the best hunting you have ever done!! Scouting is the key... got to drive and watch....
Proudly owned by "HR A hunters dream of Westwind JH"

I quote HNTFSH ****Hunting is a form of training but not the first wave of it. *****
hunt-chessies
Forum Moderator

Return to North Dakota Duck Hunting