bond mfg dekes

Share tips and ask questions on all types of duck decoys. Including working, classics, collectable, and carving decoys.

Moderators: HENDU3270, fowlhunter, Remman, DUKHTR

bond mfg dekes

Postby gander commander » Thu Oct 14, 2004 11:55 am

i found a place where i can get some bond decoys for a good price but i have no experience with them. i was hoping somebody out there had a few and could tell me how well they hold up

thanks
gander commander
Newb

Postby h2ofwlr » Thu Oct 14, 2004 2:30 pm

Well is see a price of $35 a dz on a small lesser known site. I'm not sure if that is good or if high.

As for their quality--I have not used them. But when I saw them in the store I was not impressed. I guess other similar std sized decoys would be Remington and GHG hot buys... All are below average in quality-but also cheaper than average price too.

I use high quality dekes, like $15 a piece for ducks, but that is a Super Mag size too-so no way to compare either...

I suggest looking at the Cabelas, Macks and Knutsons catologs/websites. These are the big 3, and there are many smaller outfits too. Maybe the guys can post up thier sites where they like to buy gear that they have had a good experince with.
The Audacity of Bull Crap.
"Typical: Gun-loving, bitter bible-thumping white person" Barack Obama.
Hey I resemble that comment!!! Those are FIGHTING WORDS!!!
h2ofwlr
Forum & State Moderator

Postby 98ramtough » Thu Oct 14, 2004 2:35 pm

I dont know if you have a sportsmans warehouse over there but they have the GHG hot buy dekes onsale for $19.99
Quack
98ramtough
hunter

Bond Decoys

Postby ks_waterfowler » Thu Oct 14, 2004 7:58 pm

I will never buy a bond decoy again. I have bought Bond decoys before. I also bought remington decoys that were manufactured by Bond. They lasted a grand total of 0 hunting trips. The paint was peeling in the deocy bag in our basement. After 2 trips they were just gray, very little paint left if any. I would buy some better decoys GHG or G&H. When I called Bond to complain I was told too bad so sad. I have went the cheap decoy route before with Bond, Flambeau, and Remington/Bond. Trust me, you get what you pay for.

If you wanted some painter decoys I guess they would be okay.
whistlin_wings wrote:I grew up in a neighborhood with only 3 pools and a public golf course. Thug life is all I know.
ks_waterfowler
hunter

Postby h2ofwlr » Fri Oct 15, 2004 10:30 pm

KSW tell us how you really feel about bond decoys... :umm: :toofunny:

I understand, my skin crawls when a certain other newer brand gets over hyped like they is the new "it" brand and only decoys worth having out there... :eek:

That is what I like about here, guys can share the good and the bad info so others can benefit and make educated decisions when buying. :thumbsup:
The Audacity of Bull Crap.
"Typical: Gun-loving, bitter bible-thumping white person" Barack Obama.
Hey I resemble that comment!!! Those are FIGHTING WORDS!!!
h2ofwlr
Forum & State Moderator

Bond Decoys

Postby ks_waterfowler » Fri Oct 15, 2004 11:14 pm

Guys, if the price sounds too low to be true, then don't buy them. I went the cheap decoy route 3 years in a row trying to find a cheap decoy that works. Every cheap decoy had paint falling off the first hunt. I now own strictly G&H decoys, and have never had a lick of trouble with them.
whistlin_wings wrote:I grew up in a neighborhood with only 3 pools and a public golf course. Thug life is all I know.
ks_waterfowler
hunter

Return to Duck Decoy Forum