Magnum North Outfitters in Manitoba

Waterfowl hunting across Canada; from the sounds of New Foundland to the lakes of Ontario to the vast fields and potholes of the plains to the high artic and the sea duck hunting of the Pacific. Includes Quebec duck hunting, Ontario duck hunting, Manitoba duck hunting, Saskatchewan duck hunting, Alberta duck hunting & all other provinces indluding goose hunting info as well.

Moderator: REM1100

Magnum North Outfitters in Manitoba

Postby Locked&Loaded » Mon Oct 04, 2010 1:22 pm

Have any of you guys had any experience with or know anything about Magnum North Outfitters in Manitoba?
Locked&Loaded
Magic Mike

Re: Magnum North Outfitters in Manitoba

Postby manitobawoj » Wed Oct 13, 2010 8:54 pm

Nothing good so far.
manitobawoj
hunter

Postby Locked&Loaded » Thu Oct 14, 2010 7:55 am

In my opinion, they are a bunch of idiots with absolutely zero integrity. A group of my buddies and myself have made it an annual tradition to take a 3-day guided hunt in Canada each year. We have never been to Manitoba and decided this would be our destination this year. We try a different area and different outfitter each time, just to experience something new each trip. Having searched out and found what we felt was a reputable guide in Manitoba, we contacted a guy named Wyman with Magnum North Outfitters. Wyman indicated that he had a big game hunt scheduled for the dates we wanted to come up, but his partner Dave was available to guide us. Wyman called us back several days later and confirmed that we were all set and to go ahead and make the appropriate arrangements (i.e. book airfare, licenses, etc.). Wyman requested that we make contact with his partner Dave 6-8 weeks prior to our scheduled hunt to finalize any last details. About mid-August we contact Dave just to touch-bases as requested by Wyman. Dave had no idea who we were and Wyman had never spoken to him about any waterfowl hunters coming on the dates we had planned. Dave went on to tell us that he had a guided moose hunt booked for the same dates we were planning to hunt. It appears Wyman completely dropped the ball and never communicated to Dave that he had booked a waterfowl hunt which Dave was to guide. Apparently Dave contacted Wyman to discuss the problem and we tried again and again to contact Wyman, howevever he never answered and he never returned any of our calls. After pressing Dave, we got another number for Wyman and called him at home and he was a total horses rear-end. I asked what he was going to do to make things right now that we had all purchased airfare and licenses. I told him that it would cost us each $150 to re-book airfare for another time and that I felt he should reimburse us for our license fees. He agreed to send us a check for $600 to cover the rebooking fee for 4 airline tickets and to reimburse us the cost of the 4 licenses. This was in mid-August. Have not received a check and once again Wyman is not answering his phone or returning calls. So sorry this post is so long. I just want to make certain none of you make the same mistake we did and use these idiots.
Locked&Loaded
Magic Mike

Postby Dawg29 » Sun Jan 23, 2011 2:52 pm

Just to set the record straight Magnum North Outfitters had been recently bought out by Daryl Stanley,(December of 2010).
Daryl operates a very successfull waterfowl business (Stanley's Goose Camp), and started( Birdtail Waterfowl Service,Paul Conchatre )
He is no stranger to the waterfowl game and already has a well respected staff in place to look after the day to day operation of the "NEW" Magnum North Outfitting in Manitoba.
Those not knowing him, he is good friends with Buck Gardner(Buck Gardner Calls), John Vaca (Bushnell, Final Approach) Oran Richard (former co- host of "The World of DU " TV) , Michael Waddell (Realtree ; etc).
The new Magnum North will be managed by Dave Procter who has been Daryl's head guide for years and is known as "The Hook" .
These guy's have been around along time and have a proven track record when it comes to first class hunting, beleive me.
Dawg29
Newb

Return to Canada Duck Hunting