Duck Hunting Forum banner

New SX3

5K views 35 replies 24 participants last post by  Seaark18 
#1 ·
I just got home from trying out my new SX3 at some clays, WOW!

i love it already! fits really well and fast!
recommend it to anyone!

#5 ·
I just broke mine in the other day. It's the first autoloader I've owned, and I'm never going back to a pump. So fast, so light, so awesome. I started it off as recommended with a couple boxes of 3" loads, and it was much more pleasant to shoot than my old 870. After that, I fired four boxes of the Wallyworld federal bulk pack field loads. I was wondering how they would cycle, but any reservations I had were wiped out of my head pretty quickly. They fed and ejected just fine. Now I just have to get it out in the field and whack some ducks with it.

#14 ·
You all are making my decission that much more difficult! I can not, for the life of me, decide if I want the SX3 or the Maxus! :huh:

I used to love Beretta but have gotten away from them over the past year or so. I am leaning more towards Browning for my upland guns. Being one of those goofs, I like to keep it in the same family. However, that SX3 Turkey is Sweeeeet! If the Maxus came in a Turkey version, I may go with the Maxus. Love the feel and look of the SX3 though!

What to do............................

#16 ·
bottomland man said:
Back Country:

It was $1199 with a $100 rebate. I know it was a limited supply, but when I got mine in August - he said he had plenty left. Call Mack's and ask for Kenny - he was very helpful and patient as I asked him a million questions.

Bottomland Man
I also got the bottomland at macks in august, and I also shot 3 limits two days straight during teal season. You're not me are you? :lol3:

#17 ·
I want a SX3 in bottomland and shoot limits with it. This Is Not Fair. Thought about sending my Browning Gold off to get dipped in Bottomland, this has been my favorite pattern for a while now, works awesome where IM at. Will probably send it off after this season.

Congrats on the guns guys

#22 ·
You all are making my decission that much more difficult! I can not, for the life of me, decide if I want the SX3 or the Maxus!

I used to love Beretta but have gotten away from them over the past year or so. I am leaning more towards Browning for my upland guns. Being one of those goofs, I like to keep it in the same family. However, that SX3 Turkey is Sweeeeet! If the Maxus came in a Turkey version, I may go with the Maxus. Love the feel and look of the SX3 though!

What to do............................
Wings and Water: I know the crossroads you are at, I went back and forth with the Maxus and the SX3 for a year before I pulled the Trigger (no pun intended). I am also a very loyal Browning goof who did not want to stray from the buckmark, but the reality is that a WInchester is a Browning and vise versa. It even says manufactured by Browning Arms Company (BACO) on the barrell of the SX3, so I wans't cheating. The things that sold me though was ...
1.) I wanted a camo gun and don't like duck blind and Love Bottomland. I also wasn't crazy about the forearm of the maxus
2.) Obviously reputation for being fast cycling and tough.
3.) (Most Important) I got to shoot one before buying, a friend had just gotten an Sx3 field and after shooting any doubts I had were erased completely and my mind was made up.

Good luck with your decision, but I know what you are going through, but I have no doubt I made the right choice for me.

Toptrigger: Im not you, but sounds like we have superb tastes in shotguns/camo patterns and can fram teal like no one's business. That is pretty funny though.

Bottomland Man

#24 ·
What do you like about it? I don't have much experience with them at all. However I was kicking around adding it to my collection. How many parts do you have to remove when you break it down? My sbe2 had a bolt, barrel, trigger assembly and forearm. Although I think it will be hard to give up a 10 year warranty that benelli is promoting.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

#26 ·
Nelliboy2 said:
How many parts do you have to remove when you break it down?
How many parts do you WANT to remove??

You can tear it down to any degree, depending on what you want to clean.
My SX3 comes apart and goes back together quite easily. It's not so much how many parts, but how difficult it is. :thumbsup:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.