Any good WA dog hunting trainers?

Share hunting dog tips, hunting dog training questions or links of interest here.

Moderators: HNTFSH, hunt-chessies, captainkevan, swampbilly 1980

Any good WA dog hunting trainers?

Postby Logan's best friends » Thu Oct 14, 2004 9:10 pm

Does anyone know of any excellent trainers in WA? We live in skagit county but are willing to travel just want someone who is good. Thanks!
We only clean up his crap, because one day he'll fetch our dinner!
Logan's best friends
hunter

Postby phillipstd » Thu Oct 14, 2004 11:22 pm

some of they guy's up at canine country club are pretty good, that's in carnation, east of seattle, that's the closest I know of to you, that's good anyway's, they got their heads on straight.
phillipstd
hunter

Postby 98ramtough » Tue Oct 19, 2004 11:27 am

Logan's,

My suggestion would be to find a NAHRA bird dog club somewhere near. Most these folks are GREAT people and very friendly. They will help you train your dog, this works well because you and your dog build an important bond, IMO.

The only thing you will probably need to have a trainer do for you is force fetch, and that will come months later. After you find a good HUNTING bird dog club, ask them for recommendations for a force fetch trainer, just about 10 times out of 10 there is a guy who is a member who does this.

Mike
Quack
98ramtough
hunter

Postby SeanO » Mon Jan 17, 2005 6:48 pm

Conway Kennels

http://www.conwaykennels.com/

I just purchased a 3YO lab from them and have been completely impressed by the quality of the training and their customer service. They are a boarding kennel as well and will do refresher training on a daily basis while boarding.
SeanO
hunter

Return to Hunting Dog Forum