Christianity and Vegetarianism

For discussions about the spiritual things in ones life.

Moderators: gracenjohn, Preacher1011, La. Hunter

Christianity and Vegetarianism

Postby Snaph » Tue Dec 13, 2005 11:18 pm

http://www.christianveg.com/honoring.htm

OK, I think this is crazy. But it might make for an interesting discussion. Those of you that are much more well versed in the good book than I, I would like to hear what you have to say about their views. It would seem to me that they are twisting words to make their point.
Snaph
hunter

Postby kiwismakebetterhunters » Tue Dec 13, 2005 11:58 pm

:laughing: Thats the funniest thing I've ever seen!!! No offence to any hunters here who are vegos. :toofunny:
New Zealand

kiwismakebetterhunters
hunter

Postby casey_714 » Wed Dec 14, 2005 12:44 am

Ha.. too much reading for me.
casey_714
State Moderator

Postby duckdog » Wed Dec 14, 2005 6:09 am

WOW, they got way to much time on there hands :laughing: . I think if God wanted us to be vegetarians, then the animals would'nt be eating meat either. Thats fine if they want to believe in not eating meat, all I know is that an aninal killed by people is done alot more humane than say a deer being ran down by a pack of coyotes, and eaten. All part of that circle of life thing
Any day in the outdoor's is better than at work
duckdog
hunter

Funny

Postby Jay Jolicoeur » Wed Dec 14, 2005 7:42 am

I think if you look at the posting marked Biblical it shows a different perspective. Leviticus 11 spells out diet. Recently my wife and I have been reading "The Makers Diet" by Jordan Rueben. It discusses the diet set forth in Leviticus and the medical issues around it. It discusses other diets as well. He does a great job pointing out the benefits and short falls of many different diets.
Jay Jolicoeur
hunter

Postby AK Ducks » Wed Dec 14, 2005 7:44 pm

"rise Peter kill and eat. . ."
In the new testement God tells peter that he can eat all animals (wish I had the exeact verse) peter has a vision where a white cloth with all these animals are on and God says "rise peter kill and eat . . " peter says no becaucse the animnals shown are "unclean" but God says that he made them clean through Crist.

look at my sig.
thanks to the men and woman of the United States Coast Guard- without them I would not be here.
AK Ducks
hunter

Postby Riverjumper » Wed Dec 14, 2005 8:23 pm

AK Ducks wrote:"rise Peter kill and eat. . ."
In the new testement God tells peter that he can eat all animals (wish I had the exeact verse) peter has a vision where a white cloth with all these animals are on and God says "rise peter kill and eat . . " peter says no becaucse the animnals shown are "unclean" but God says that he made them clean through Crist.

look at my sig.

its from acts 10 and 11

This is not a verse that talks for eating meat, but showing that the Gospel was meant for all people and not just the Jews. Peter is speaking of unclean meat that jews are not allowed to eat, such as pork. Peter is told that it is ok to eat the meat as a comparison to taking the Gospel to the rest of the World and not just the Jews.

Hope that makes sense. Yes, though peter is told to eat meat, and that meat is ok. That is what God created animals for, look back in Genesis, its been there all along, the "unclean" was just an Old Testament thing, and it is still not specifically said to the jews as a whole to eat the unclean, just as a reference to sharing the gospel with all people!.

Good enough?

ok good (stepping down from the pulpit now...)
Riverjumper
hunter

Postby Snaph » Wed Dec 14, 2005 9:06 pm

I thought I heard someplace that for jews and some Christian religions are forbidden from eating any animal that had a split hoof. Pigs, goats, deer...But as stated before, that was all old testament teachings. Then the new testament came along and over road all of that.
Snaph
hunter

Postby Woodywoodduck2 » Fri Dec 23, 2005 10:37 am

Think of it this way.

Who Killed the First animal and Offered it as a Sacrifice and found pleasure from the 1 he was offering it too?

Who placed Veggies as the Offering in place of a Sacrifice and did not find Pleasure from the 1 he was offering too?

Who Found Pleasure in the Animal Sacrifice?

Who Killed Who because of the Animal Sacrifice and the Pleasure the 1 Found in the Animal Sacrifice?

First Animal Killed in the Old Testement was by God......To Cloth Adam and Eve.......Then look to Cain and Abel......Fast Forward to Peter's Dream!

Nuff Said about Veggies..........

If it was Wrong to Kill and Eat Animals, God would have Clothed Adam and Eve with Pea Pods, Pumpkin Vines, Lettuce Leaves, Soybean Sprouts.......Cain would Never have Killed Abel, Abel would have Killed Cain and Peter would have Dreamt about Bean Sprouts, Tofo, Cucumbers and such!
Win a Kid over from PETA, teach them the Art of Conservation, not Animal Rights!
PA Needs LEGAL Sunday Hunting!
Woodywoodduck SSD
Woodywoodduck2
hunter

Postby jjohnson_714 » Fri Dec 23, 2005 12:59 pm

yeah plus you have genesis 9:3 where God tells Noah that the animals are his to eat... i think that tells us God wanted us to eat the little buggers
jjohnson_714
State Moderator

Postby cinrds » Fri Dec 23, 2005 1:18 pm

Jesus replied, "I am the bread of life. No one who comes to me will ever be hungry again. Those who believe in me will never thirst. John 6:35
cinrds
hunter

Postby casey_714 » Fri Dec 23, 2005 7:23 pm

If God didn't want us to eat animals... why did he make them out of meat!
casey_714
State Moderator

Postby AlaskaRedneK » Fri Dec 23, 2005 9:36 pm

:withstupid:

Amen Bro :getdown:

There are alot of crazies out there twisting werds 180 Degrees --like Lawyers :yes: And in this case Vegetarians :toofunny:

Good find Snaph,
-Stouff
[b][size=14]REAL Trucks don't got Spark Plugs

"Hold the Shotguns.... Its hard to stear like this!"
AlaskaRedneK
hunter

Postby Nova Shooter » Thu Dec 29, 2005 9:41 pm

I just finished writing a 4 pg. letter on that topic. It is so dumb. What did Abraham feed his visiters from heaven, meat. There is so much other stuff in the Bible about this issue I just can not believe how much twisting and lieing PETA and the other vegans do on this issue.

Nova Shooter,
Proud of it to :smile:
1 John 15+17
Love not the world, neither any things that are in the world. If any man loves the world, the love of the father is not in him. 17 And the world passeth away, and the lust thereof: but he that doeth the will of God abideth forever.
Nova Shooter
hunter

Postby pappy » Tue Jan 03, 2006 9:06 pm

if God had wanted us to be vegiterians he wouldn't have invented meat. :toofunny:

pappy
pappy
hunter

Postby DRYLOK » Thu Jan 12, 2006 10:52 am

Acts 10:10-13
And he became very hungary and wanted something to eat.And while the meal was being prepared he fell into a deep trance. He saw the heavens open and something that looked like a large sheet being let down to Earthe by its four corners.And it contained all sorts of four footed creatures including reptiles of the Earth and fowl of the air.Then he heard a voice and God Said "Arise Peter,kill and Eat"......

duckcommander.com
"All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent."
-Thomas Jefferson-
DRYLOK
hunter

Postby 870 » Fri Jan 13, 2006 9:57 pm

Snagh, I’m sure you have heard the term “Scripture Twisting” It’s how cults use Scripture to say anything they want. Satan was the first to do it. I read the whole thing, they took the Word out of context, and then added their own interpretation of it, and you can’t do that. To fully understand Scripture you must leave it in context with the Scripture before, and after it. Then your interpretation can’t contradict other Scripture on that subject. God’s word never contradicts it self.

There is a strong move of the New Age movement” coming against the church today. What you came across is just one more step in their movement. They’re not hard to spot. I’m very concerned about this threat against the church. No matter what denomination we belong to, we need to come together in prayer over this.
:thumbsup:
"As long as there are Flyways and their coming our way, you'll find us right here"
Pro Hunter

Return to Faith-Spirituality