any deer around?

Discuss everything from issues in the region to Connecticut duck hunting.

Moderators: DUKHTR, MrCamoClad

any deer around?

Postby tbare3 » Wed Dec 14, 2005 3:15 pm

seeing plenty of birds around, but where are the deer?

i live in hartford county, have been blackpowdering up near east hartland.

also, how is the wethersfield area for ducks and geeese? new to the area and new to the waterfowl game!

ben
tbare3
hunter

Postby Slammerblue527 » Fri Dec 16, 2005 7:10 pm

I've seen quite a few deer in Simsbury, Canton, Barkhamsted, Franklin, Sprague, and I shot a big one in Granby and a doe in Lebanon.

I haven't seen the ducks though. Where have you been seeing em?

GOOD LUCK HUNTING!
Slammerblue527
hunter

Postby tbare3 » Mon Dec 19, 2005 11:33 am

had been seeing quite a few around wethersfield cove area, didn't get out this weekend on deer so guess it will wait till next year.
tbare3
hunter

Postby DUKHTR » Mon Dec 19, 2005 3:00 pm

the Cove is closed to hunting - refuge area on the back side and along the airport.....the River is open though....... although remember, you may not discharge a firearm within the city limits of Hartford.
DUKHTR
Forum & State Moderator

Postby tbare3 » Tue Dec 20, 2005 7:24 am

thanks, good to know on the cove although i assumed that was the case since its really in town wethersfield. not going out for birds this year, but i joined these forums to learn as much as possible for next year.

on the river, do you just float with decoys, or anchor in a good spot and wait?
tbare3
hunter

Postby DUKHTR » Tue Dec 20, 2005 8:13 am

I am from Wethersfield - will be there over the holidays with the rest of the family.......I have ALOT of knowledge about the area - especially the River (I have hunted it extensively from Enfield all the way to the coast).....but I also tend to be pretty 'tight' about just giving out info :yes: at least on an open forum!..........feel free to give me a PM on any specifics....or maybe we can hook up on one of my trips south....I know I'll be hitting the goose fields at Christmas!!!!! Too bad the limit is no longer 3 on the west side of the River. Anyway, I know I'll be down again in January (will be subbing for a guide when he heads to Mexico).
DUKHTR
Forum & State Moderator

Return to Connecticut Duck Hunting