Saturday Champlain zone dux reopen report

Waterfowl topics at their best, post here and read others views on Vermont duck hunting

Moderator: yellodog1

Saturday Champlain zone dux reopen report

Postby duckin-A » Sat Oct 23, 2010 3:01 pm

well the weatherman totally missed the call !!!! nice day but not for duck movement.
Tons of Geese resting on the water and not interested in decoying, and No Dux flying whatso ever.......
maybe itz the Full moon" anybody have any success???? lets hear some reports!!!!!!
" I spent all my money on Liquor & Women,
and the rest I just wasted"!!!
duckin-A
hunter

Re: Saturday Champlain zone dux reopen report

Postby chambo32 » Sat Oct 23, 2010 5:19 pm

Mississquoi...... 10 teal and 2 mallards. Done by 8.

chambo32
hunter

Postby duckin-A » Sun Oct 24, 2010 7:25 am

very nice!!!!! :beer:
" I spent all my money on Liquor & Women,
and the rest I just wasted"!!!
duckin-A
hunter

Postby HotDog » Mon Oct 25, 2010 10:23 am

I made it out Saturday and Sunday for a few hours each morning. The access was packed saturday, but pretty empty sunday.
there wasn't much happenning either day, I could have waterswatted four different ducks that came into the deeks saturday, but wasn't looking to fill the bag that badly. It's funny when they swim in and then nonchalantly swim away after they've met a plastic duck!
Due to other obligations I was off the water by 9am each day. brought home a merganser hen sunday...lucky me.
WTN10 wrote:
"Why do you assume I'm a genius? Have you ever considered that I'm average and that you're retarded?"
HotDog
hunter

Postby Lavman » Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:35 pm

Only hunted Saturday morning. The ducks were pretty savvy, they lifted off the marsh by the hundreds between 0620 and 0635 teasing us as they flew NOE over our spread so close their quacks and wing beats were nearly deafening. By the time 0644 rolled around the marsh was pretty well cleared out. Had 2 ducks decoy all morning and that was it and we handily missed them both. It was the first time we have gotten skunked in a while.
Lavman
hunter

Return to Vermont Duck Hunting