KULM - Nov 13th - 20th

Share your insight with others in the North Dakota duck hunting forum in the heart of the Prairie Pothole Region.

Moderator: Chris_Hustad

KULM - Nov 13th - 20th

Postby Shark Bait » Wed Nov 03, 2010 12:31 pm

Hi There Members,

I am a resident of New Hampshire, headed to Kulm, ND this year for a week of hunting. We are driving out on the 11th plan on arriving on the 13th and hunting through the 20th.

Any input you fella's could provide would be greatful and if anyone is in the area and would like to hook up I'll buy you dinner and a beer in town. :beer: I have dogs, 3 Labs (sort of) and a shorthair. One of the labs is like 18 and another has very little training (couch potato). But my lab and shorthair are both in top shape, well trained and tested.
Shark Bait
hunter

Re: KULM - Nov 13th - 20th

Postby myoung » Sat Nov 06, 2010 8:40 pm

:thumbsup: that area was holding a lot of snows over the halloween weekend! there are snows north of there and still
a fair amount in southern sask, and in the devils lake area so you should be good to go.if you scout you'll be able to find some really good mallard spots. saw a few pintails as well. i went solo for three days. worked hard th first two days on snows but the third day
did well by myself on snows, done by 10 am, and passed on all the decoying mallards. also a good amount of canadas in the area.
not any snows east of kulm!! didn't see any until 10 miles from kulm. i certainly got nervous, but once hit kulm-boom!
take care and i still have one 7 day period left!
myoung
hunter

Re: KULM - Nov 13th - 20th

Postby myoung » Sat Nov 06, 2010 8:48 pm

i will say that if a guy could use about 50 -80 full body snows, you could really consistently put a hurt on them.
i found that your blind has to be impeccable! must cover all shadows and "black" openings fully.
my blind was so full on the day i did well that at times i couldn't even see the birds decoying in until it was nearly too late.
i left my dog in the truck so they wouldn't see him! didn't like it but oh well. not going that far to be silly if it doesn't work.
martin
myoung
hunter

Return to North Dakota Duck Hunting