howdy fellas

If you are looking for the best duck hunting in Colorado, this is the place.

Moderator: dukhnter7

howdy fellas

Postby grnhead1 » Fri Nov 05, 2010 5:20 pm

Howdy fellas, missed ya, just got home for the afghan, how the hell has the huntin been, missed the first split but got home not a day to late, It feels like a early christmas eve for me, pulled out the gun, got the dekes ready and just anticipatin the mornin sunrise with the sounds of quackin, the smell of coffee and the sunrise from the blind, good luck to all, whack em and stack em, and i read about this hypersonic steel while i was away, anyone know about it, im gonna try it. good luck to all again, cut em boyz !
grnhead1
hunter

Re: howdy fellas

Postby canbakchaser » Fri Nov 05, 2010 8:58 pm

thanks for your service the hunting has been bleak lots of cranes though
Special Thanks to Autumn Wings Decoys for donating the 2011-2012 Central Flyway Rambler.
canbakchaser
hunter

Postby duckman27 » Fri Nov 05, 2010 9:58 pm

Not many birds. I shot a box of the Hypersonic shells opening weekend and had issues with them. Wads kept getting ripped apart
duckman27
hunter

Postby ColoradoGooser » Sat Nov 06, 2010 9:31 am

There are a few local birds around,but it should start getting better in a few weeks when them migrators start showing up,then she will get interesting. :thumbsup:
"No man's Second Amendment rights are safe when the legislature is in session,especially when Democrats are in charge" Mark Twain

I carry a gun,because a cop weighs to much

Annoy a Liberal,work hard and be happy
ColoradoGooser
hunter

Postby colosilverado » Mon Nov 08, 2010 10:41 am

I hope it gets better. Lotsa pressure and teal is how I see it. THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE GREENHEAD!
colosilverado
hunter

Postby grnhead1 » Mon Nov 08, 2010 11:39 am

LOTS OF PREASURE, I only got three birds the whole opening weekend, saw some good groups but alot of sky bustin goin on. I did get a real nice mallard drake though so i cant complain. Like i said i just wanted to get out and enjoyed every min of it. I also shot those hypsersonic......junk....just throw em away if ya got them guys, they pattern horrible and caused nothin but cripples, and the wad kept tearin apart. not impressed goin back to black cloud. HOPING fo some weather, back at it again wed. good look fellas
grnhead1
hunter

Postby duckman27 » Mon Nov 08, 2010 5:32 pm

grnhead1 wrote:LOTS OF PREASURE, I only got three birds the whole opening weekend, saw some good groups but alot of sky bustin goin on. I did get a real nice mallard drake though so i cant complain. Like i said i just wanted to get out and enjoyed every min of it. I also shot those hypsersonic......junk....just throw em away if ya got them guys, they pattern horrible and caused nothin but cripples, and the wad kept tearin apart. not impressed goin back to black cloud. HOPING fo some weather, back at it again wed. good look fellas

I sent a two page complaint to Remington after I shot a box of them opening weekend
duckman27
hunter

Postby duckman27 » Mon Nov 08, 2010 5:37 pm

Heres of couple of the ones that were worse than the others
Attachments
th_shell007.jpg
th_shell007.jpg (2.72 KiB) Viewed 750 times
th_shell005.jpg
th_shell005.jpg (2.74 KiB) Viewed 750 times
duckman27
hunter

Postby wateroksnmud » Mon Nov 15, 2010 7:12 pm

Kinda interesting on the wods. My buddies swore by remington as I hav always shot winchester. A long story short I just started waterfowling on the 6th and as ducks were pouring in, my buddy chris had multiple issues with his rounds getting tapped but not igniting. Thought it was his gun. Then on thursday morning when we got that snow storm my other buddy, the third person in the wheel had the same issue. Pin was tapping but the rounds wouldnt fire. Though maybe it was due to cold temps and snow/water in his gun, come to find out it was the rounds. I went back to buying Winchester. I dont know anything about rounds, just know my dad bought winchester for me when I was growing up, so that's what I bought for day 1, I didnt have any issues over the last 8 days, and they have had issues wth about 6 remington rounds.
wateroksnmud
hunter

Postby duckman27 » Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:16 pm

I've switched back the my Winchester Xperts. Never had a misfire shooting them
duckman27
hunter

Postby Trogers5 » Wed Nov 17, 2010 1:38 pm

duckman27, check your pm's please sir
Trogers5
hunter