NEW Dodge 1500 Outdoorsman!!!

Discussion about Trucks, Cars, Motorcycles, & Trailers.

Moderators: fowl_wishes, whisperin' duck, KCDuckMaster, ajmorell

NEW Dodge 1500 Outdoorsman!!!

Postby duckgirl89 » Sat Nov 06, 2010 8:35 pm

Is anyone else excited about this baby? I've read the reviews and it doesn't look too bad with gas mileage and has power to spare. I've never owned a Dodge, but I've driven a few and they seem to be great, reliable vehicles. It's between the Dodge 1500 Outdoorsman and the Toyota Tundra 4x4. What do you think?
duckgirl89
Newb

Re: NEW Dodge 1500 Outdoorsman!!!

Postby tbakeranderson » Sat Nov 06, 2010 9:04 pm

It is essentially the same as the TRX4 version from 2009 and 2010. Only difference is that it packages a few options together, but you could get the exact same truck in 2010 with same options, only difference would be that it would have a TRX4 decal instead of Outdoorsman.

That being said, I just got a 2010 TRX4 and love it...I got the 2010 b/c the rebates were insane from the factory but would have gotten the 2011 if prices were closer.
Last edited by tbakeranderson on Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tbakeranderson
hunter

Postby Capt Billy Bob » Sun Nov 07, 2010 9:04 am

If it was me I would go with the Tundra all the way and I'm not just saying that because I own a ' 07 Tundra DC 4X4 and it's never been back to the dealer except for a tire sensor that FIRESTONE broke when she got new rubbers this Oct......

Chrysler didn't go BROKE TWICE and had to be bailed out by the US Government because they built great vehicles IMHO.....

BTW the Tundra is built here in the U.S.A.

The resale value will also be much better with the Tundra.

Good Luck with your choice and happy trucking,
Bob
Gone Fishing....Be Back for Deer Season...
Capt Billy Bob
hunter

Postby 2500hdon37s » Sun Nov 07, 2010 12:04 pm

ill take a Dodge over a toyota any day.
but i looked on their website about the "outdoorsman" truck and IMO its really not anyhing special compared to a normal truck it has a few extra lights and better more heavy duty cooling systems for the engine and tranny. so basicly i just think its a glorafied half ton. i think if your gonna spend the extra cash to buy the out doorsman you might as well just spend a cupple more bucks and get a better truck such as a 3/4 ton truck and add a cupple of off road lights and throw on a set of good A/T tires
NRA and DU member, are you? if not you should be!

rabbitdundied wrote: I use my mojos in places I don't want birds to land.
2500hdon37s
Forum Moderator

Postby tbakeranderson » Sun Nov 07, 2010 12:59 pm

2500hdon37s wrote:ill take a Dodge over a toyota any day.
but i looked on their website about the "outdoorsman" truck and IMO its really not anyhing special compared to a normal truck it has a few extra lights and better more heavy duty cooling systems for the engine and tranny. so basicly i just think its a glorafied half ton. i think if your gonna spend the extra cash to buy the out doorsman you might as well just spend a cupple more bucks and get a better truck such as a 3/4 ton truck and add a cupple of off road lights and throw on a set of good A/T tires

That may be true, but some things about the 1500 are advantageous depending on your usage...for me, having traction control and stability control is helpful b/c it rains for 6-8 months out of the year and the streets are ALWAYS wet, and in the winter it hovers around 32 degrees as the low, so some areas are fine and others have a light coating of frost...having TC is nice to keep from losing the rear end, especially transporting 2 kids around frequently. I don't need something that heavy duty, so I'd take TC and SC over the extra brawn. The 2500 is a great truck but it doesn't really align with my needs right now.

I do think the Power Wagon is a beast, though. If that were closer in price to the one I bought, and if emotion won out over logic it might be sitting in my driveway instead of a 1500.

I had an '06 1500 a few years ago and this truck is 1000% better in every way - it is a totally different truck and in a different league than previous gen Rams.
Last edited by tbakeranderson on Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.
tbakeranderson
hunter

Postby 2500hdon37s » Tue Nov 09, 2010 9:33 pm

tbakeranderson wrote:

That may be true, but some things are advantageous depending on your usage...for me, having traction control and stability control is helpful b/s it rains from for 6-8 months out of the year and the streets are ALWAYS wet, and in the winter it hovers around 32 degrees as the low, so some areas are fine and others have a light coating of frost..,so having traction is nice to keep from losing the rear end from getting loose, especially transporting 2 kids around frequently. I don't need something that heavy duty, so I'd take TC and SC over the extra brawn. The 2500 is a great truck but it doesn't really align with my needs right now.

I do think the Power Wagon is a beast, though. If that were closer in price to the one I bought, and if emotion won out over logic it might be sitting in my driveway instead of a 1500.

I had an '06 1500 a few years ago and this truck is 1000% better in every way - it is a totally different truck and in a different league as previous gen Rams.

I know what your saying but I'm seeing from a totaly diffrent view point than you, I'm sure you don't tow trailers weekly and haul as much as my family with a masonary company but by all means if you don't need a 3/4 ton don't waste your $$, just thinkin that if they are gonna charge you more for a package that was more for towing you can probaly save some $$ by getting a truck that will pull more out of the box. And I'm sure your truck doesn't see what mine does either, mine is used "off road" atleast 3 times a week meaning anything from the dirt roads at my farm going to fields, fishing ponds, my duck lake on my farm, deer hunting woods, and going to barn that you must cross 3 creeks to get to so mt's are a little more my fashion, and it doesn't rain a whole lot here, we haven't had rain in almost a month here.

But even though me being a hardcore GM I do respect dodge and their trucks, and I love the power wagon as well, I think its a killer truck! I just wish GM would offer a "outdoorsy" much more off road friendly truck like the ford raptor and Dodge power wagon, sure there is the Z71 but its just a simple litte package not a purpose built truck

2500hdon37s
Forum Moderator

Postby JinAK » Sun Nov 14, 2010 9:28 am

Me too! Im proud of my mexican made RAM!! :thumbsup:
JinAK
hunter

Postby Capt Billy Bob » Sun Nov 14, 2010 9:56 am

JinAK wrote:

Me too! Im proud of my mexican made RAM!! :thumbsup:

Good Luck......you're going to need it..... :help:
Gone Fishing....Be Back for Deer Season...
Capt Billy Bob
hunter

Postby w11oneal » Thu Nov 18, 2010 7:37 pm

If you need a dodge pm me. We own a dealership in ga. We sell trucks all over the country. I personally drive a 2500 diesel. The outdoorsman pkg was a great idea. We have already sold several. If you need any help with your purchase let me know I can give you my number. You might want to do some research on the toyota fuel mileage. I've heard horror stories about what they are getting. If you are interested you can check our website out. www.onealdodge.com
JAMES ONEAL CHRYSLER-DODGE-JEEP

2010-11 GA
1 green wing
15 woodies
2 hooded mergansers
48 mallards
2 gadwall
2010-11 MS
4 Green heads
4 Green wings
1 woody
2 gadwall
w11oneal
hunter

Postby 2500hdon37s » Thu Nov 18, 2010 7:56 pm

w11oneal wrote:. You might want to do some research on the toyota fuel mileage. I've heard horror stories about what they are getting.

ive that as well, my great uncle has a tundra and he gets single didgt mpgs pulling at railer my uncles 1500 ram pulled getting 16! my dad gets 18-19 pulling the same load but hes also got a duramax

2500hdon37s
Forum Moderator

Postby waterfowlhunter » Fri Dec 17, 2010 7:24 pm

Take the Dodge, the look sharp and drive nice too. You will get a better price and just as good of a truck without haveing to drive a truck made by an overseas company. I do not care if they are made in the USA the profits still go to Japan. :no:
"A free people ought to be armed" George Washington 1790

‘For those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither Liberty nor safety.’ —Ben Franklin.”
waterfowlhunter
Forum & State Moderator

Return to Vehicle forum