Birdman Taxidery?

If you are looking for the best duck hunting in Colorado, this is the place.

Moderator: dukhnter7

Birdman Taxidery?

Postby LUV2DUChunt » Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:06 pm

Anyone use him and would you do it again?
Jason

Get out and Hunt!!! Then youll understand what an addiction is. We all know about it but can't explain it.
LUV2DUChunt
hunter

Re: Birdman Taxidery?

Postby duckman27 » Mon Nov 08, 2010 11:12 pm

I just looked at his website and it looks like he does REALLY good work
duckman27
hunter

Postby ColoradoGooser » Fri Nov 12, 2010 10:30 am

I sent him a pair of Greenwing Teal to mount last January.
Yes he does great work,but was swamped with work when I sent mine in,he had told me about a year turn around time for finished product.
I cant wait to get them back and on the wall,should look some thing like this.

"No man's Second Amendment rights are safe when the legislature is in session,especially when Democrats are in charge" Mark Twain

I carry a gun,because a cop weighs to much

Annoy a Liberal,work hard and be happy
ColoradoGooser
hunter

Postby David121582 » Tue Dec 28, 2010 7:55 am

who is he?
David121582
hunter

Postby sfmember1122 » Mon Oct 17, 2011 10:17 pm

Hey guys i think i am getting to this post a little late but hopefully i can help anyone out that returns to the post or happens to scroll through the posts like i did. I am military stationed in New Mexico and do quite a bit of waterfowling. A buddy of mine shot, (what he thought) was an absolutley gorgeous Shovler Drake that he just had to get mounted. He found Birdman Studios online chose the pose and the base that he wanted called him and recieved the same info. about a 1 year turn around. He recieved instructions on how to ship the bird up to him, paid for the over-night shipping and deposit on the mount by the way, and then deployed for six months. He was so excited about getting his mount back soon after returning that he sent email after email inquiring about the progress of the mount... NO REPLY. He went out of his way to call and call and call... NO ANSWER. 1 1/2 years after sending the duck in "Birdman" finally called him, the bird hadnt even been started yet! After all of the trouble my buddy finally just said screw it and had him throw the bird away, rather than investing another 325 dollars.

Not attempting to bash the excellent work of Birdman Studios, from what i have seen the work is excellent. All i am saying is: 1) Dont expect to get you mount back ANY time soon. 2) Dont be suprised when the man fails to try and make any sort of contact with you about what you want.

Hope this can help someone make a decision about their taxidermist. If anyone had a better experience please let me know cause i would hope that this was an "Unlucky" occurance from what seems to be a rather prestigeous taxidermist.
sfmember1122
Newb

Return to Colorado Duck Hunting