Duck Hunting Forum banner

Anyone hunt Big timber Creek,or the surrounding areas?

3K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  Tack in NJ 
#1 ·
I hunt Big timber mostly. How has the season been for you? I havn't seen as many birds yet this year but seems to be getting better.

#5 ·
Tack, I always thought about huntinh union lake and thought it would be a hassle with the people fishing. Do the game wardens give you a hard time? I have DOD ponds near me. I went goose hunting early season last year and got some people pised at me cause I was shooting while they were fishing.Game warden came and told me I was legal but to be careful of others.

#6 ·
I had one guy this year give me a problem while I was hunting Union Lake. I had been set up for about an hour when he arrived and started to fish in an area about 100 yards in front of my decoys.I yelled to him and asked if he had seen the decoys when he stopped and he said yea but he wanted to fish that area. I informed him that it would be best for all involved for him to fish someplace else that day. He gave me a ration of crap but moved to another spot about 500 yards awayout of the line of fire.

Other than that its a nice place to hunt. Never seen a Warden there but I am sure they will be around before the season is out. Nice mix of ducks too. So far this year I have Bagged Woodies, Mallards, Buffleheads, and Blacks.

Thers not always alot of ducks but enough to make it interesting.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.