PHINIZY SWAMP WMA

For those who enjoy duck hunting in Georgia this is the place to discuss everything from Georgia duck hunting outfitters to hunting pintails, mallards and canvasbacks on lake Seminole.

Moderators: Dep6, Remman, caleb

PHINIZY SWAMP WMA

Postby JAKE22STL » Fri Nov 19, 2010 2:07 am

Has anyone on here ever hunted this mwa for ducks? I'm in the Army and currently at Ft. Gordon I did most all of my hunting on post last year. I didn't see anything besides woodies, just woundering what other species are typical at phinizy. From the two trips I've taken out there the access looks quite limited. I'm guessing the lakes get pretty crowded. Anyways this is my last seasion down here I'll be back in Missouri next year. I'm not try'n to steal anyone's spot, just a little general info.

Mainly I just want to know if there is at least a chance at seeing something besides a woodie.
JAKE22STL
hunter

Re: PHINIZY SWAMP WMA

Postby Dep6 » Sat Nov 20, 2010 2:23 am

Never hunted there, long drive for me, good luck with it.
Saving the Poodles of America, one Alligator at a time!!
Dep6
Site Admin

Postby Hhunter » Mon Nov 22, 2010 8:16 am

there are mainly woodies but a few teal and gadwalls if you canfind to space. There are a lot of people out there so be carefull!!
1 GW Teal
11 Mallards
19 Woodies
2 Gadwalls
5 Buffie
4 ringnecks
Hhunter
hunter

Postby 67chevyjr » Thu Dec 02, 2010 8:07 am

You will see just about every kind of duck there is. You just have to go deep into it and find the spots. Tons of mallards in that swamp, just gotta find um.
67chevyjr
Newb

Postby huntndemducks » Thu Dec 02, 2010 2:17 pm

the ponds on gravel pit have alot of ducks but you have to spend the night in order to get one of the good spots and if you do make it into a good spot you have to worry about being shot in the morning, although if you dont mind to work for your ducks there are some walk in spots that hold alot of ducks it just a matter of gettin out there and finding a hole in the mess.
*Quack Addict*
huntndemducks
hunter

Postby lerequin » Sun Jun 09, 2013 4:30 pm

Are there gators in that part of Georgia? Probably sounds stupid, but I'm still trying to figure out how to hunt swamps down here.
lerequin
Newb

Postby krazybronco2 » Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:30 am

lerequin wrote:Are there gators in that part of Georgia? Probably sounds stupid, but I'm still trying to figure out how to hunt swamps down here.

there are gators in Phinizy Swamp didnt know it until i walked up on one in the back corner trying to scout before the season started. it was warm so was looking for snakes but he was buried up pretty good and it is a very thick swamp so always be careful there
krazybronco2
hunter

Postby Dep6 » Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:27 am

BE VERY CAREFUL, sending a dog on a retrieve south of the fall line (Columbus,Macon,Augusta), that is the main territory of Gators. Scout your waters well for ducks as well as Gators if your going to take your dog ESPECIALLY in the Early Goose and Early Teal season.
Dep6
Site Admin

Postby krazybronco2 » Wed Jun 12, 2013 6:39 pm

Dep6 wrote:BE VERY CAREFUL, sending a dog on a retrieve south of the fall line (Columbus,Macon,Augusta), that is the main territory of Gators. Scout your waters well for ducks as well as Gators if your going to take your dog ESPECIALLY in the Early Goose and Early Teal season.

or your buddy haha
krazybronco2
hunter

Postby Dep6 » Thu Jun 13, 2013 6:26 am

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Dep6
Site Admin

Return to Georgia Duck Hunting