Shenango Area

Post your views here in the Ohio duck hunting forum. From lay out boat hunting on Lake Erie to the fields and rivers of OH.

Moderators: Ohio Wildfowler, jsa, cartervj, andrew_kirby

Shenango Area

Postby MedinaShawn » Fri Nov 26, 2010 7:47 pm

Hunted it this morning, had 3 different flocks of Geese come by, One grouop had 5 another had 10. they flew by around 7;25 and another goup with 4 came in around 8;30. Seen 3 pairs of ducks around 8am and one group of 8 or more around 9am. Ducks circled once, but never decoyed.
MedinaShawn
Newb

Re: Shenango Area

Postby ohio mike » Fri Nov 26, 2010 11:26 pm

Where in the h&ll are the ducks,every year I say it can't get worse.Then it does. I just hope the ice stays away for the second split in the south zone.I'm getting tired of looking at ducks I can't shoot. :mad:
Life is to short to hunt with a ugly gun.
ohio mike
hunter

Postby alanwebfoot » Sat Nov 27, 2010 11:23 am

remember last year ?? yeah I like getting out and just watching the decoys or trying to work a flock ,,BUT we didn't get any really big flocks until the last weekend of the season!!They open it too early and close it too soon!
alanwebfoot
hunter

Postby HNTFSH » Sun Nov 28, 2010 5:54 pm

ohio mike wrote:Where in the h&ll are the ducks,every year I say it can't get worse.Then it does. I just hope the ice stays away for the second split in the south zone.I'm getting tired of looking at ducks I can't shoot. :mad:

Mike - I don't remember it being this slow - ever. I am not seeing ducks or even that many geese. Nothing high either. I have hunted a marshland 3 times and have seen ONE duck and that was 20 minutes before legal shooting light.

Gotta be the extended warm temps and dry Fall.

I have killed more wild pheasant than ducks so far this year...lol.
Cabela's Worlds FARCEMOST Outfitter
HNTFSH
Mr. Plond

Postby Botiz630 » Tue Nov 30, 2010 5:08 pm

HNTFSH wrote:Mike - I don't remember it being this slow - ever. I am not seeing ducks or even that many geese. Nothing high either.

They are all up here in South Michigan. I have driven across Southern MI from East end to West end and back again this past couple weeks...they are everywhere. I hope to bring them with me when I head down there back home for Christmas.
I need about tree fiddy.
Botiz630
Forum Moderator

Postby HNTFSH » Wed Dec 01, 2010 7:41 am

Thanks for the encouragement Botits! You can actually send 'em all down ahead of that and we'll keep 'em busy till you get here! :yes:
Cabela's Worlds FARCEMOST Outfitter
HNTFSH
Mr. Plond

Postby Botiz630 » Wed Dec 01, 2010 4:28 pm

HNTFSH wrote:Thanks for the encouragement Botits! You can actually send 'em all down ahead of that and we'll keep 'em busy till you get here! :yes:

Looking at the extended forecasts for my area, it wont be long before they have to move on. :beer:
I need about tree fiddy.
Botiz630
Forum Moderator

Return to Ohio Duck Hunting