FInaly got me one

Discussion on shooting predators & varmits and the trapping the furbearing animals.

Moderators: Preacher1011, nitrousneil

FInaly got me one

Postby Bucky193 » Thu Dec 22, 2005 8:29 am

Well after a long time i finally got me a cyote and a Bobcat on the same day. I was duck hunting yesterday morning when I heard some rustling behind me and my firend and dad. So my dad goes Cyote and I pulled my gun up on hime and set him rolling down a rudge abut 50 yard down it. THan when we were heading back to the truck there was a bobcat that ran out of some bursh right at me and stoped at 35 yard and I shot three time right at its head and finaly tracked it for about 2 miles. Im getting both mounted.

Speaking of Bob Cats. My friends brother had a bob cat charge him that was 4 feet long and weighd about 85 pounds. It charged him and when he tried to shoot his gun went Click and than he loaded another shell in it and shot and the bobcat landed only 5 feet from him.
If only my dog could talk and cook I wouldn't need a wife.
Bucky193
hunter

Postby WhiteRiverguy » Thu Dec 22, 2005 8:42 pm

:laughing:
A duck call, like a shotgun, is only as good as the man behind it. -Phil Robertson
WhiteRiverguy
hunter

Re: FInaly got me one

Postby Woodywoodduck2 » Thu Dec 22, 2005 9:02 pm

Bucky193 wrote:
Speaking of Bob Cats. My friends brother had a bob cat charge him that was 4 feet long and weighd about 85 pounds. .

I want to see Pictures of that with an Offical Scale and Tape Measure!

Thats Mighty Big for a Bob Cat!
Win a Kid over from PETA, teach them the Art of Conservation, not Animal Rights!
PA Needs LEGAL Sunday Hunting!
Woodywoodduck SSD
Woodywoodduck2
hunter

Postby Greg Wile » Thu Dec 22, 2005 9:37 pm

Very unusual for a bob cat to do any-thing but run from a human! Could be the bases of a new Stephen King movie :laughing:
Build memories, take a kid out doors and teach them about nature by interacting with it, hunting and fishing.

Learn from the past, don't dwell on it.
Greg Wile
hunter

Postby Admin2 » Thu Dec 22, 2005 10:03 pm

Bucky193 wrote: that was 4 feet long and weighd about 85 pounds.

:eek: I am highly skeptical of this.:umm:

The Deputy riding shotgun
Admin2
hunter

Location: lurking around the corner keeping an eye out for trouble makers

Postby Woodywoodduck2 » Fri Dec 23, 2005 8:52 am

Admin2 wrote:
Bucky193 wrote: that was 4 feet long and weighd about 85 pounds.

:eek: I am highly skeptical of this.:umm:

We don't have Mountain Lions here in PA :umm: that could be Argued by some (I will not say we DON'T have ANY, If the Siteings are TRUE, they are not Wild Breeding Mtn. Lions!) so I have to ask, How long is a Mtn. Lion without the tail?

Are they about 4 Foot without the Tail?

:umm: I STILL WANT to see Pictures with an OFFICIAL Scale and Tape Measure! BUT Could it have been a Young Mnt. Lion without the tail??

If I had a Bobcat, do something like this and shot it, there would be an Article in a Newspaper! Might be Illegal to shoot them in PA Without a Proper Permit, but if one charged me (Unlikely) I'd Argue SELFDEFENCE and shoot the dang thing and tell all the outdoors Writers about it so they could WARN the Bird Watchers and PETA Freaks to watch out while they were out walking!

I'd also have that thing Measured and Weighed to be put in the Record Books!

So, I ask again!

Pictures of an Official Scale and Tape Measure and an Article from a Local Newspaper! :yes:
Win a Kid over from PETA, teach them the Art of Conservation, not Animal Rights!
PA Needs LEGAL Sunday Hunting!
Woodywoodduck SSD
Woodywoodduck2
hunter

Postby phutch30 » Fri Dec 23, 2005 10:42 am

He posted this befor under "this was neat" I also am very skeptical. I need to see these pictures he says he has. A true 30lb bobcat is very large.
phutch30
hunter

Postby TXwaterfowler » Fri Dec 23, 2005 4:12 pm

Ya Here on the river we get some good healthy Bobcats and aint ever come across one 85lbs biggest I've seen was 32lbs.

:withstupid:
TXwaterfowler
hunter

Postby gunman » Fri Dec 23, 2005 11:16 pm

Well bud for your sake I hope you didn't shoot one while duck hunting in Kentucky.....Since it would be illegal! See you’re located in Wildlife Management Unit "D4" which bans the taking of Bobcats! And even if it was legal, you would have to draw for the tag, and its a 1-in-every-4 years type of tag if I'm not mistaken, meaning you can only get it once every four years, and even if you were amazingly lucky enough to get a tag, by state law you have to contact the PGC Office within 24hrs of shooting the animal, so they may take biological samples and such. Failing to comply with any of this would be a violation of the law. And to top it all off, the animal can't be brought to the taxidermist with out a registration tag, which you would have obtained from the PGC.....So for your sake I hope you didn't shoot one!!!
My goal in life is to be as good of a person my dog already thinks I am.
--------------------
Hunters are alot like Birdwatchers. Only after watching while, we start shooting!
gunman
hunter

Return to Predator Hunting & Trapping Forum