How has your season been?

A state with an abundant amount of waterfowl. Share with others your New Jersey duck hunting experiences.

Moderators: crewchief252, johnboy07

How has your season been?

Postby Tack in NJ » Thu Dec 22, 2005 3:16 pm

Was wondering how everybody's season has been. Mine has gone okay Not too many ducks decoying but enough to keep at it. Of course if I could shoot straight it would help.
Tack in NJ
hunter

season,

Postby crewchief252 » Thu Dec 22, 2005 8:52 pm

Our season has been about the same, i have seen more ducks this year than previous, but i'm also hunting some new spots, but having the same problem, plenty birds around, just not in my blocks, have let some really good shots go, trying to let my son get 1st shot, but he's 11, so he's not that quick on the trigger yet, We were at the gap last week, took a boat ride around 9 to scout some different spots, and every time i came around another bend, there was anywhere from 10-30 ducks just sitting there. But the good news is i have been getting out at least once if not more every week, works well with the lady of the house to say, it's not me it's the boy who wants to go, of course i would rather stay here with you honey, plus i did want to repaint the living room, yeah, right. ANyway, everyone have a great holiday, and be safe out there, Hope to see better reports starting soon.
crewchief252
Forum & State Moderator

Postby rangerbob01 » Fri Dec 23, 2005 2:32 pm

Been slow for me this year. Last weekend was the most birds I've seen so far so I'm hoping for a good end of season run. I killed 73 birds last year and i'm at around 27 so far this year but I love it so I keep going out. I'm going out x-mas eve night and all day monday after. Gonna do a all dayer in the blind and try to get a fisrt of the year limit.
rangerbob01
hunter

Postby Rowdy » Sat Dec 24, 2005 5:03 pm

this year is definately below average. or maby i just didnt get out enough who knows.

i do know one think almost all the birds around are very well educated, because it seems the general concensus everyone is haveing trouble decoying birds.

my hunt today there were hundreds of mallards and blacks but they knew how to hopscotch from safety spot to safety spot all day long.
Rowdy
hunter

Return to New Jersey Duck Hunting