X-Mas hunts!

Discuss everything from issues in the region to Connecticut duck hunting.

Moderators: DUKHTR, MrCamoClad

X-Mas hunts!

Postby DUKHTR » Tue Dec 27, 2005 8:36 am

Had some excellent success this past weekend while visiting the 'rents in Wethersfield. Boy, there sure are literally tons of geese around. Almost too easy and too fast for sure. Was home openning presents sooner than I ever have before.

Looking forward to getting down again in a couple weeks!!!!!!!
DUKHTR
Forum & State Moderator

Postby on duck call » Tue Dec 27, 2005 6:05 pm

Hey DUKHTR glad to hear you had a great Christmas shoot. Did'nt make it out for xmas but the friday before. Took a couple of guys who never got Brant before and they both got one. We could have done better but we were a little too patient. We had 6 flocks work us and some sea ducks. We ended up with 1 black, 2 brant and an oldsquaw.
on duck call
hunter

Holliday Hunts

Postby QuackSmacker » Wed Dec 28, 2005 1:52 pm

Weekend before last CT river flyway saw a lot of action. Actually got a limit one afternoon! I feel like it slowed all last week leading up to Christmas Day. The rain made Monday real good, which i missed out on but the family took care of business! After years of debating and 2 months of seriously looking i took a Franchi 912 home last night brand new from my favorite SWestern CT local dealer; The Grouse Perch,
Went out this morning before work and bagged the only two ducks that came in to range (hen+drake Mally) ( i would love to post pics but don't understand this Img[]Img stuff, does it have to be already on a webpage,or can you upload?) Blue Bird and slow...don't expect much in the afternoon nor can i make it out, but man is it good to see that ice thaw!!!!! Got some great x-mas toys to help bring the migrators down. Praying for an eventful end to the season...but i just don't know ...
Bring em' in close!
QuackSmacker
hunter

Postby DUKHTR » Thu Dec 29, 2005 8:27 am

The Grouse Perch....in Old Saybrook????? Been a long time since I was in there, but they are top notch! I am sure you will like the Franchi....I had one many years ago and when I sold it I got more for the trade than what I had paid for it!!!

For pics....I use photobucket to download to, and then copy/paste into my posts! Very easy to do and photobucket is free!!!!!! You just have to have Hunt Chat and Photobucket open on your desktop at the same time.

Boy, I sure wish I had more chances at Brant......the only area in CT that I have consistently seen them is..............(can't post opennly!! :cool: ), but would like to try again some time. Too far for me to focus on them, when puddlers and canadas aboud close to the 'rent's home!
DUKHTR
Forum & State Moderator

Return to Connecticut Duck Hunting