jj lares

Information on duck calls and duck calling tips.

Moderators: callinfowl, stumpjumper, Mallyard, okiequacker

Re: jj lares

Postby DKMF » Sat Oct 05, 2013 2:40 am

As of this season I only have one duck call on the lanyard and that would be a lares hybrid with the 1.365 reed. This call sounds amazing and none of my other calls even come close to being used again. I see the t1 small bore in my future but for what I do the hybrid can do it all. And it is kinda nice not having all the calls around my neck.
DKMF
hunter

Postby txhunter90 » Sat Oct 05, 2013 11:43 am

Ya I only have 3 calls a lares hybrid, new daisy slayer and hopefully will have my wingerts whistle any day now.
txhunter90
hunter

Postby RefugeRat4Life » Sun Oct 06, 2013 9:17 am

txhunter90 wrote:Ya I only have 3 calls a lares hybrid, new daisy slayer and hopefully will have my wingerts whistle any day now.

What kind of whistle Txhunter?
JD
And on the 9th day, God looked down on his planned paradise and said, "now that I have a caretaker, I need a protector." So God made a hunter...
RefugeRat4Life
hunter

Postby txhunter90 » Sun Oct 06, 2013 9:18 am

I have 3 coming. An acrylic and the 2 woods I dont know yet he is supposed to let me know what he has available when he starts.

Spray and Pray
txhunter90
hunter

Postby RefugeRat4Life » Sun Oct 06, 2013 9:27 am

Yea, actually I meant what make and model is your whistle?
JD
And on the 9th day, God looked down on his planned paradise and said, "now that I have a caretaker, I need a protector." So God made a hunter...
RefugeRat4Life
hunter

Postby txhunter90 » Sun Oct 06, 2013 10:05 am

Wingerts whistle
txhunter90
hunter

Postby Blackmallard40 » Sun Oct 06, 2013 3:37 pm

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=vWHAroDnLug
Me on my hybrid. It does it all
Blackmallard40
hunter

Postby DKMF » Sun Oct 06, 2013 7:31 pm

Not bad blackmallard. If I would make a suggestion I would have you try a longer reed.
DKMF
hunter

Postby Blackmallard40 » Mon Oct 07, 2013 8:08 am

DKMF wrote:Not bad blackmallard. If I would make a suggestion I would have you try a longer reed.

I have longer reeds, however they are a little courser for my liking. I like a call with a little squeel in in.that one there i am blowing is a 1.340
Blackmallard40
hunter

Postby Dbishop311 » Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:14 am

Does sound good but I agree, stick a longer reed in it an let er rip! You can still get the whines and squeals out of a .370 reed.
No contest ring. No gimmicks. No compromising. It’s just pure, raw, balls-to-the-wall, don’t tell your mother, most powerful, non-nuclear duck calling machine on the planet.This call may not be for everyone. But if you can drive it, Game over......
Dbishop311
hunter

Postby RefugeRat4Life » Mon Oct 07, 2013 7:56 pm

Blackmallard40 wrote:http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=vWHAroDnLug

Nice! I just got mine!!! I am going to post pics now.

Question: you seem like a pretty large guy.... I have fairly large hands and this hybrid is a fairly small call. The one in your hand looks about normal. How much smaller is a t-1 than the hybrid? I cant imagine it being that much smaller.
JD
RefugeRat4Life
hunter

Postby RefugeRat4Life » Mon Oct 07, 2013 8:21 pm

Here it is! I am so stoked with it!!!The quality is second to none.

HOOKED!!!! :grooving:
JD
RefugeRat4Life
hunter

Postby B.E.Nelli » Mon Oct 07, 2013 8:51 pm

Ok, so I am finally jumping on the lares wagon. My only question is t1 or hybrid. Currently my go to call is a big guys best sweet talker timber call. Its volume and low end is perfect for the small holes I hunt, but when I go to the big lakes, I can still get relatively loud to get the attention of high flyers. I know the majority or people go with the hybrid, so that's where on leaning. Just worried how quietnot actually can get. What advantage does the t1 have if any, if the hybrid can actually get just as quiet?

That call looks phenomenal by the way. Which one is that?
B.E.Nelli
hunter

Postby RefugeRat4Life » Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:04 pm

B.E.Nelli wrote:Ok, so I am finally jumping on the lares wagon. My only question is t1 or hybrid. Currently my go to call is a big guys best sweet talker timber call. Its volume and low end is perfect for the small holes I hunt, but when I go to the big lakes, I can still get relatively loud to get the attention of high flyers. I know the majority or people go with the hybrid, so that's where on leaning. Just worried how quietnot actually can get. What advantage does the t1 have if any, if the hybrid can actually get just as quiet?

That call looks phenomenal by the way. Which one is that?

From what I have heard, the T-1 can hit a lot of the range that the Hybrid does but is a little more responsive for chatter and soft quacks especially if you go with the small bore. I would say just go with a hybrid, see how you like it, and get a t-1 small bore to compliment it in the field. Just from calling about 10 minutes with my hybrid I have found it can hit real low raspy and real high without the un-natural sounds of my RNT Diablo that I used to run.

Thanks for the compliments! It is a Lares Hybrid with clear barrel and mallard green insert. Worth every damn penny! They also send you a 1.335, 1.340, 1.355, and a 1.360 reed to find what suits your calling best. Give Bret and Joe a call!
JD
RefugeRat4Life
hunter

Postby RefugeRat4Life » Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:09 pm

txhunter90 wrote:Wingerts whistle

Wow those look badass! :clapping:
JD
RefugeRat4Life
hunter

Postby txhunter90 » Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:11 pm

I got rid of my t1 simply because I can do everything with my hybrid I can do with it. They are very similar calls. You can even interchange the inserts.
txhunter90
hunter

Postby RefugeRat4Life » Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:22 pm

txhunter90 wrote:I got rid of my t1 simply because I can do everything with my hybrid I can do with it. They are very similar calls. You can even interchange the inserts.

Did you try a small bore?
JD
RefugeRat4Life
hunter

Postby B.E.Nelli » Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:28 pm

Awesome, yeah I was leaning towards the hybrid, but I think you confirmed it. How much is just a small bore insert? And are those all of the reed sizes I will need, or does his reed pack he sells separately come with more choices?
B.E.Nelli
hunter

Postby txhunter90 » Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:37 pm

RefugeRat4Life wrote:
txhunter90 wrote:I got rid of my t1 simply because I can do everything with my hybrid I can do with it. They are very similar calls. You can even interchange the inserts.

Ya I have tried them all besides the a5. If I was gonna do it I would get the t1 small bore. T1 regular bore is just to close
txhunter90
hunter

Postby RefugeRat4Life » Mon Oct 07, 2013 10:36 pm

mayhem96 wrote:
RefugeRat4Life wrote:I just ordered my first Lares Hybrid and I can't wait to use it. I currently run a DC Diablo and hate that it gets to sticking after a few hail calls and hurry ups. I hope the Hybrid lives up to its no stick name. All in all I am excited none the less!

They are very good calls! You will love your Hybrid! I just ordered a T-1 and it should be here in the next two days!

They ARE THE HARDEST to stick IMHO :thumbsup:

Make sure to post up a photo when you get it :thumbsup:

Oh...and :welcome: to Lares Land!

Mayhem, here is my new Hybrid!I love it so much!!! :) I like the 1.340 with dog ears.

I am already looking for another :wink:
JD
RefugeRat4Life
hunter

Postby RefugeRat4Life » Mon Oct 07, 2013 11:22 pm

txhunter90 wrote:
RefugeRat4Life wrote:

Ya I have tried them all besides the a5. If I was gonna do it I would get the t1 small bore. T1 regular bore is just to close

I am right there with you. I will get the t-1 small bore and those will be the only two calls on my lanyard other than my whistle. I rarely hunt geese in the grasslands.
JD
RefugeRat4Life
hunter

Postby RefugeRat4Life » Mon Oct 07, 2013 11:24 pm

B.E.Nelli wrote:Awesome, yeah I was leaning towards the hybrid, but I think you confirmed it. How much is just a small bore insert? And are those all of the reed sizes I will need, or does his reed pack he sells separately come with more choices?

Call Bret and Joe and they will tell you... just say you want from 1.370 - 1.335 and then whichever one you like order up a bunch.

On the shorter reeds from 1.335 - 1.350 try it without dog ears.
Last edited by RefugeRat4Life on Mon Oct 07, 2013 11:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JD
RefugeRat4Life
hunter

Postby B.E.Nelli » Mon Oct 07, 2013 11:25 pm

RefugeRat4Life wrote:
txhunter90 wrote:
RefugeRat4Life wrote:

I am right there with you. I will get the t-1 small bore and those will be the only two calls on my lanyard other than my whistle. I rarely hunt geese in the grasslands.

But if you could just choose one, which would it be? Haha, I'm a poor air force guy.
B.E.Nelli
hunter

Postby B.E.Nelli » Tue Oct 08, 2013 12:23 am

Can you order a hybrid with the small bore straight from Joe?? I feel like that would be my ideal call.
B.E.Nelli
hunter

Postby Blackmallard40 » Tue Oct 08, 2013 6:24 am

RefugeRat4Life wrote:
Blackmallard40 wrote:http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=vWHAroDnLug

Nice! I just got mine!!! I am going to post pics now.

Question: you seem like a pretty large guy.... I have fairly large hands and this hybrid is a fairly small call. The one in your hand looks about normal. How much smaller is a t-1 than the hybrid? I cant imagine it being that much smaller.

They are about the same size buddy. It fits perfect in my left hand
Blackmallard40
hunter

PreviousNext

Return to Duck Calls and Calling Forum