jj lares

Information on duck calls and duck calling tips.

Moderators: stumpjumper, Mallyard, okiequacker, callinfowl

Re: jj lares

Postby RefugeRat4Life » Tue Oct 08, 2013 10:16 am

Blackmallard40 wrote:
RefugeRat4Life wrote:
Blackmallard40 wrote:http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=vWHAroDnLug
Me on my hybrid. It does it all

Nice! I just got mine!!! I am going to post pics now.

Question: you seem like a pretty large guy.... I have fairly large hands and this hybrid is a fairly small call. The one in your hand looks about normal. How much smaller is a t-1 than the hybrid? I cant imagine it being that much smaller.

They are about the same size buddy. It fits perfect in my left hand

Sounds good. I flippin' love these calls.
JD
And on the 9th day, God looked down on his planned paradise and said, "now that I have a caretaker, I need a protector." So God made a hunter...
RefugeRat4Life
hunter

Postby RefugeRat4Life » Tue Oct 08, 2013 10:28 am

B.E.Nelli wrote:Can you order a hybrid with the small bore straight from Joe?? I feel like that would be my ideal call.

I believe you can. I would order a reg bore and a small bore so you can have some versatility. Up to you though. FYI I can get real low and quiet with the reg bore on the hybrid so I am very interested to see how the small bore will sound. (I really just want an excuse to buy another Lares :wink: )
JD
And on the 9th day, God looked down on his planned paradise and said, "now that I have a caretaker, I need a protector." So God made a hunter...
RefugeRat4Life
hunter

Postby tsaylor1979 » Tue Oct 08, 2013 4:56 pm

RefugeRat4Life wrote:
B.E.Nelli wrote:Can you order a hybrid with the small bore straight from Joe?? I feel like that would be my ideal call.

I believe you can. I would order a reg bore and a small bore so you can have some versatility. Up to you though. FYI I can get real low and quiet with the reg bore on the hybrid so I am very interested to see how the small bore will sound. (I really just want an excuse to buy another Lares :wink: )

I personally like the regular bore better. It just offers more range. I agree that it is always nice to have something else in the arsenal though. And there isn't anything better than a good excuse to buy a new Lares.
tsaylor1979
hunter

Postby RefugeRat4Life » Tue Oct 08, 2013 5:01 pm

tsaylor1979 wrote:
RefugeRat4Life wrote:
B.E.Nelli wrote:
I personally like the regular bore better. It just offers more range. I agree that it is always nice to have something else in the arsenal though. And there isn't anything better than a good excuse to buy a new Lares.

Good to know! I will be purchasing a t-1 next month with small bore just for the heck of it :)
JD
RefugeRat4Life
hunter

Postby B.E.Nelli » Tue Oct 08, 2013 6:36 pm

Ok thanks guys
B.E.Nelli
hunter

Postby RefugeRat4Life » Fri Oct 11, 2013 11:08 am

B.E.Nelli wrote:Ok thanks guys

Did you get one?! :grooving:
JD
RefugeRat4Life
hunter

Postby B.E.Nelli » Fri Oct 11, 2013 11:13 am

Well I'm currently deployed in SW Asia. He doesn't have any way to order online, and I don't have any way of calling from where I'm at. :-\ Does he have an email? Guess I will have to wait till I get home in 2.5 months. Unless someone wants to order it for me and mail it over. I was really wanting to practice on it while I was over here.
B.E.Nelli
hunter

Postby txhunter90 » Fri Oct 11, 2013 11:20 am

Message me nelli.
txhunter90
hunter

Postby RefugeRat4Life » Fri Oct 11, 2013 12:22 pm

B.E.Nelli wrote:Well I'm currently deployed in SW Asia. He doesn't have any way to order online, and I don't have any way of calling from where I'm at. :-\ Does he have an email? Guess I will have to wait till I get home in 2.5 months. Unless someone wants to order it for me and mail it over. I was really wanting to practice on it while I was over here.

Thank you for your service, Nelli! I think TXhunter will try and help you out. If he doesnt... let me know and I will try and help.
JD
RefugeRat4Life
hunter

Postby RefugeRat4Life » Fri Oct 11, 2013 3:49 pm

viewtopic.php?f=16&t=311089

There is s nice one...
JD
RefugeRat4Life
hunter

Postby B.E.Nelli » Sat Oct 12, 2013 9:36 am

It sold already. I would also rather buy a new one. I only swap spit with girls.
B.E.Nelli
hunter

Postby B.E.Nelli » Sat Oct 12, 2013 9:37 am

I really appreciate you guys trying to help me out! I was really bummed I was gonna have to wait till duck season was completely over to even buy the call. Now if I can get it out here, I can practice on it for 2 months!
B.E.Nelli
hunter

Postby RefugeRat4Life » Sat Oct 12, 2013 10:07 am

B.E.Nelli wrote:It sold already. I would also rather buy a new one. I only swap spit with girls.

HAHAHA hell yea! Tx working with ya?
JD
RefugeRat4Life
hunter

Postby B.E.Nelli » Sat Oct 12, 2013 10:14 am

Yeah man he is gettin me the hookup. I have decided on an acrylic lined green buckeye burl t1, with a black pearl insert. I think it will look as bad ass as it sounds.
B.E.Nelli
hunter

Postby RefugeRat4Life » Sat Oct 12, 2013 10:45 am

B.E.Nelli wrote:Yeah man he is gettin me the hookup. I have decided on an acrylic lined green buckeye burl t1, with a black pearl insert. I think it will look as bad ass as it sounds.

WoW!! That sounds so sweet! You didn't want the hybrid? I was talking to Joe and he was saying the Hybrid really is the most versatile and anything you can to with the t1 you can do with the hybrid.

Nevertheless, you HAVE to post some pics!!!
JD
RefugeRat4Life
hunter

Postby B.E.Nelli » Sat Oct 12, 2013 10:57 am

Yeah, I have just been watching a lot of YouTube videos and reading a lot of guys reviews. For the small waters I hunt, I don't have to be loud at all. And I like the extra rasp and squeak the t1 gets. Lol I dunno, it just feels right ;) And don't you worry, I will post some up!
B.E.Nelli
hunter

Postby txhunter90 » Sat Oct 12, 2013 11:24 am

RefugeRat4Life wrote:
B.E.Nelli wrote:It sold already. I would also rather buy a new one. I only swap spit with girls.

HAHAHA hell yea! Tx working with ya?

Ya I think we have him covered. Can not go wrong with a lares period. Here is my new hybrid.
Attachments
uploadfromtaptalk1381598654058.jpg
txhunter90
hunter

Postby RefugeRat4Life » Sat Oct 12, 2013 12:05 pm

Definitely can't go wrong! I love the lows I can hit with my hybrid tho. :smile:

Nice new Hybrid! That color is sweet!
JD
RefugeRat4Life
hunter

Postby duckbusta11 » Tue Oct 15, 2013 8:03 am

What length is the standard reed in the hybrid and what seems to be the best reed length in y'all's opinion? Ordered mine yesterday, can't wait to get it in and see what all the talk is about! Heard a few sound files and these calls sound awesome! I've been a echo fan for many yrs and I still am, just wanting to try something new and lares sound like great calls!
duckbusta11
hunter

Postby RefugeRat4Life » Tue Oct 15, 2013 8:12 am

duckbusta11 wrote:What length is the standard reed in the hybrid and what seems to be the best reed length in y'all's opinion? Ordered mine yesterday, can't wait to get it in and see what all the talk is about! Heard a few sound files and these calls sound awesome! I've been a echo fan for many yrs and I still am, just wanting to try something new and lares sound like great calls!

I believe the standard is a 1.360 or 1.370.

The shorter the reed the easier it is to blow, but you need to have more control of your air as it can squeal out easily. I use a 1.340 with dog ears and it sounds perfect for my air presentation. Make sure that you ordered the reed kit with the call and find what works best for you!

Welcome to Lares Land!!!
:welcome:
JD
RefugeRat4Life
hunter

Postby txhunter90 » Tue Oct 15, 2013 1:57 pm

1.350 is factory
txhunter90
hunter

Postby mayhem96 » Tue Oct 15, 2013 3:58 pm

The 1.350 HD is the stock read in the J.J. Lares Hybrid as TX said.
mayhem96
hunter

Postby RefugeRat4Life » Tue Oct 15, 2013 4:13 pm

txhunter90 wrote:1.350 is factory

TY for clarifying
JD
RefugeRat4Life
hunter

Postby txhunter90 » Tue Oct 15, 2013 4:25 pm

RefugeRat4Life wrote:

TY for clarifying

I would like to try some of the longer reeds though my kit came with shorter reeds than the 1.350 with the exception of 1.355
txhunter90
hunter

Postby RefugeRat4Life » Tue Oct 15, 2013 4:49 pm

txhunter90 wrote:
RefugeRat4Life wrote:

TY for clarifying

I would like to try some of the longer reeds though my kit came with shorter reeds than the 1.350 with the exception of 1.355

I don't know why I was sent longer ones then....
JD
RefugeRat4Life
hunter

PreviousNext

Return to Duck Calls and Calling Forum