Duck Hunting Forum banner

Middlecreek

2K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  PAwaterfowldominator 
#1 ·
I was thinking about making a trip to the Middlecreek management area.. Does anyone have any information about it and is it worth giving a try? Any help would be appreciated.

#2 ·
you can only have 10 shells if you hunt a Blind......You can only shoot 1 canada goose if you are in a blind and I think they changed the regs for the State Game Lands aswell to only 1 canada goose. You can shoot your limit of Ducks, if you get a blind were they want to come in!

Your going to be hunting Pit Blinds that have had ALOT of Preasure! If ya never hunted it before, better to hunt them with someone who has had some tries in 1!

Depends on the day.......Big Spreads work Best, but on other days, Small Spreads work Best.....Ya Never know! Sometimes calling works and sometimes just flagging, Sometimes, best to just set and watch and wait for them to decide them decoys are real Birds and there is noone in the blind

Personally right now the way things are going if it were me, I'd find a Nice little Farm to hunt that is holding Birds :thumbsup:

#4 ·
I happen to agree with the rest of the guys. I have hunted there this year and every year for that matter. However, if i was to have to drive from johnstown it wouldnt be worth it. Not at this time of year anyway. It is a great experience though. But here is what you wont hear anywhere else. Extremely long walks with decoys is no fun to shoot one bird. Even less fun when you have all of the birds you call in land at the blind behind you with no decoys. Or amatuers shooting at anything that goes over them.

Early in the year you can atleast try and get one of the three duck blinds. They are a blast. Wait till next year. I would tell you to try and hook up with one of us central pa guys to hunt instead.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.