Benelli M2 or SBE 2 ?

Share your questions on all makes and models of shotguns. Please post chokes questions in the SRBC forum

Moderators: Quack Wacker NC, MM

Benelli M2 or SBE 2 ?

Postby mud duck » Mon Jan 02, 2006 2:34 pm

I usually hunt over decoys. Don't get many geese, where I hunt. I usually shoot 3" #2's. I like having the option to shoot 3.5" shells, but I'm not sure if the extra 300-400 is worth it. I've shouldered both the M2 and the SBE 2 and they both feel like a natural extension of my arm. What is your opinion?
mud duck
hunter

Postby Swamp Outlaw » Tue Jan 03, 2006 8:47 am

Mud duck,

My wife just bought me a new SBEII with the comfortech stock 4 days ago for our anniversary. :getdown: It is one sweet gun!! I wanted the 3.5 capability as well. We do get some shots at geese and I wanted to have the 3.5" shells for turkey hunting. I shot some 3.5" shells Saturday morning and the recoil was less than 3" shells in my old 870 Express. I would spend the extra money if possible to get the SBEII.
Swamp Outlaw
hunter

Postby DUKHTR » Tue Jan 03, 2006 8:54 am

It appears you've really answered your own question....I noted you want the 3.5" option but why, when you use 2.75" or 3" already and are satisfied.

Save the $ and go with the 3" version.....(I am not a 'fan' of 3.5" anyhow!!!) .....in any make of gun! Also, I'm not sure why, but it appears that there are alot more problems out of the box for the SBE than the other Benellis - at least noted on the gun forums. Incidently, I have never seen a problem with a Montefeltro! I'll bet that could fir you better than an M2....give it a heft.
DUKHTR
Forum & State Moderator

Postby gone winchester » Thu Jan 12, 2006 4:37 pm

i spent the extra money on the SBE 2 when i bought mine just in case i wanted to use the 3.5 in deer hunting with the rifled barrel. now i love it just cause those days birds are just outta range with the 3in you can gettem with the 3.5. especial days they just wanna fly high. when they play that ball game put a extra full extended tube with #2 in that gun. I have taking geese at a max of 70-75 yds when they dont wanna come down
"Please be 18"-Ricky Bobby
gone winchester
Banned

Return to Shotgun Forum