Felt Soled Waders no longer allowed in Vermont

Waterfowl topics at their best, post here and read others views on Vermont duck hunting

Moderator: yellodog1

Felt Soled Waders no longer allowed in Vermont

Postby yellodog1 » Thu Jan 13, 2011 1:32 pm

Vermont has outlawed Felt Soled Wader use in streams and ponds around the State. Most likely to stop the spread of Rock Snot in the streams and rivers around the State. I don't know of many duck hunters that use felt soled waders as they are primarily lighter in weight and are used primarily for trout fishing, but it's something to be aware of if you have some. My father has a cheap pair of felt bottom waders that he has used as backups duck hunting.

http://www.vtfishandwildlife.com/newrul ... ibited.pdf

[Section 4616 effective April 1, 2011.]
ยง 4616. Felt-soled boots and waders; use prohibited
It is unlawful to use external felt-soled boots or external felt-soled waders in the waters of
Vermont, except that a state or federal employee or emergency personnel, including fire,
law enforcement, and EMT personnel, may use external felt-soled boots or external feltsoled
waders in the discharge of official duties. (Added 2009, No. 130 (Adj. Sess.), ยง 1,
eff. April 1, 2011.)
Hunt Vermont
yellodog1
State Moderator

Re: Felt Soled Waders no longer allowed in Vermont

Postby pete/pmr » Sat Jan 22, 2011 7:02 am

Gives me a reason to go down to Orvis now,my wader shoes are felt lined,so it looks like the law has given me a decent reason to go shopping,and an excuse too the wife!LOL
2013 Season Totals

Canada Geese 105
Mallards 43
Woodies 31
Teal 16
widgeon 8
Blacks 11
Goldeneyes 25 "Take-em"
Buffleheads 4
Bluebills 1
snows 27
Band Count 5