I need some birds for taxidermy competition

This is the North Carolina duck hunting forum. A place to discuss duck hunting in North Carolina and other waterfowl.

Moderators: stumpjumper, fowl_wishes, NCSUDucker

I need some birds for taxidermy competition

Postby Mr. Taxidermist » Wed Jan 04, 2006 7:53 pm

:help:
Guys...I am not having the greatest hunting season and I need some birds to use for my taxidermy competitions coming up this spring and summer. I am looking specifically for the following species:

Canvasback
Redhead
Bluebill
Pintail

I am looking for drakes or pairs, but I only need nice, prime, mature birds that aren't shot all to pieces. It is illegal for me to pay or trade, but I will pick up if you are local, or I will send you a pre-paid FedEx label to ship the birds to me. If you can help with my request, I will be forever indebted to you...
Mr. Taxidermist
hunter

Postby Monroeduck » Wed Jan 04, 2006 7:56 pm

What no surf scoter ? :getdown:

If I had some I would be more than happy.

What happens to them after the competitions? Will you return them?

Heading east this weekend and if we get into some I'll get up with you.
Yeah I'm a curmudgeon and I like it that way. Don't tell me how to do something I already know how to do. Don't ask me for help if you already think you know how to do everything. If you want my opinion just sit back and I'll share.
Monroeduck
hunter

Postby Mr. Taxidermist » Wed Jan 04, 2006 8:11 pm

After the competitions, I use them as displays @ DU banquets, in the studio, and this year, I plan to put a few in my wife's uncle's hunting lodge. I doubt I will get all the birds I asked for. I just like working with those species because they seem to always do well in the competitions. Judges tear mallards and woodies apart. In the past, I have entered hooded mergansers, gw teal, and pintail. Again, if anyone can help...I appreciate it!
Mr. Taxidermist
hunter

Postby Duck U 2 » Thu Jan 05, 2006 6:45 am

I'll see what I can do. Last year I gave some Blue Bills to a freind who was just getting started in taxidermy. I'll be at the coast a lot the last couple of weeks of the season. Should be able to hook you up (I hope)
-Duck
Duck U 2
hunter

Postby yetz » Thu Jan 05, 2006 11:40 am

See if I can help you out this weekend as well.
Yetz
yetz
hunter

Postby diverduck » Thu Jan 05, 2006 2:41 pm

I thinl I will be able to help on the Canvas, bluebill and maby the pintail, let you know soon. If i had known a week earlier I could have hade you 2 or 3 of each.
diverduck
hunter

Return to North Carolina Duck Hunting