just wanna know

Share your questions on all makes and models of shotguns. Please post chokes questions in the SRBC forum

Moderators: Quack Wacker NC, MM

just wanna know

Postby arizonaduckhunter13 » Wed Jan 04, 2006 9:26 pm

my gun that i currently have is a remington 870 express magnum and i wanted to know if it is ok if i shoot steel out of if with a full choke and if you have one or had one how did the gun shoot for you i seem to hit most of everything with full lead and i was hoping to try it on steel
I'll call you my hunting partner when you jump into freezing water to get my ducks
arizonaduckhunter13
hunter

Postby steelcommander » Wed Jan 04, 2006 9:36 pm

Find out if the choke tube is approved for steel. Not all Remington full chokes are. I don't have a full choke for my 1100 but I'm guessing it would say on the tube.
steelcommander
hunter

Postby arizonaduckhunter13 » Wed Jan 04, 2006 10:04 pm

it says ok on there but alot of people say it will mess up the barrel with steel
I'll call you my hunting partner when you jump into freezing water to get my ducks
arizonaduckhunter13
hunter

Postby Smackaduck » Wed Jan 04, 2006 10:17 pm

If it is a full choke for steel it will be fine. A full choke is the only choke I have shot on my past three guns and one of them was the one of which you speak. It will not mess up your barrell, i have even shot steel through chokes that are for lead only (improved modified) and had very good results and no problems.
Smackaduck
Super Moderator

Postby goosecaller » Thu Jan 05, 2006 7:38 am

I have the same gun. Go ahead and shoot it, it will be fine. I have shot thousands of rounds through that gun, almost all steel and it still shoots like the day I bought it.
call 'em in and kill 'em all
goosecaller
hunter

Return to Shotgun Forum