Shearon Harris This Morning (1/7/06)

This is the North Carolina duck hunting forum. A place to discuss duck hunting in North Carolina and other waterfowl.

Moderators: stumpjumper, fowl_wishes, NCSUDucker

Shearon Harris This Morning (1/7/06)

Postby Mr. Taxidermist » Sat Jan 07, 2006 8:08 pm

I am new to hunting on "big water". This was my first saturday at Harris. I have hunted there once before...on a Fri. Anyway, I got to the ramp at 3:30 thinking I would be one of the early ones...NOT. There were 15 trucks in the parking lot at 3:30. I don't know how many were at the other ramp. I got shined off at my 1st choice spot, so I had to go with a back-up spot. There were hunters everywhere. I think I'll stick to some of my swamps on Sat. mornings from now on. I refuse to get out before 3:30am. The bad part is, we didn't even pull the trigger. We didn't get any coots within range and we only saw 1 flock of about 5 good ducks and they were sky high. Sorry for the rant, but it just ain't worth fighting the mobs....at least not for me.
Mr. Taxidermist
hunter

Postby littleray » Sun Jan 08, 2006 9:20 am

Sounds like the same kind of days I've had at Harris too. I've heard of some success stories, but I have never experienced them. I even tried walking in to some spots thinking I could find something that the boaters couldn't see. Nothing.
littleray
hunter

Postby Duck U 2 » Mon Jan 09, 2006 6:35 am

It's almost like a dove hunt out there. I'd much rather hunt a pond or a swamp if I can't get to the coast
-Duck
Duck U 2
hunter

Return to North Carolina Duck Hunting