Where to go to shoot crows?

Trap, Skeet, Sporting Clays; pistol/rifle target shooting, to plinking cans with a bb gun.

Moderator: waterfowlhunter

Where to go to shoot crows?

Postby 20gaugeGreen » Sat Feb 12, 2011 12:43 pm

Any of you guys ever get out during the off season and shoot crows? Ive heard from guys that its great practice and try to do it as much as possible. Just wondering where to go to do this. If u hav any spots let me know.
20gaugeGreen
hunter

Re: Where to go to shoot crows?

Postby 2500hdon37s » Fri Feb 18, 2011 7:13 pm

any agricutral field they hang around, even around the duck marshes,
NRA and DU member, are you? if not you should be!

rabbitdundied wrote: I use my mojos in places I don't want birds to land.
2500hdon37s
Forum Moderator

Postby decoycarver » Tue Apr 12, 2011 3:27 pm

Look on crowbusterss.com-great info-recipes-I have eaten them tastes like Elk..remember they eat anything , local farmers are more than willing to get rid of them..also you can kill all the Starlings too, they are NOT SONG BIRDS they are invasive specis..they fly into the milking Barns -shit on everything..causing havock and desease-in the milkikng equipt..Some farmers will buy you ammo ..just pick up ALL the dead ones..and properly dispose of them..The Farmer will be your friend for life if done right, I am now in Maine used to hunt in upstate NY, farm country..Also if useing your Dog-wounded crows will peck at their eyes-causing damage to you best friend..Extreme camo needed I also take a .17hmr or .22 cal with scope-pick off the scouts in tree tops..they wil give you away..owl decoy-crow decoys--They are so much smarter than waterfoel..A tape called Fighting crows by Johnny Walker s great---you can use electronic callers..States have a SEASON because it's Mexico's National Bird--Yeah, the Mixicans ....pm me..they love duck eggs...kill em all ....oh, up here the farmer rolls his hay into large round bails covered in white plastic-crows poke holes in the plastic ruining the hay..there is always reasons to kill crows..
decoycarver
hunter

Postby TomKat » Tue Apr 12, 2011 3:32 pm

Also, remember they are migratory birds that have a season that closes and opens...which means that Mr Greenpants can come and write you up.
TomKat
Dorothy

Postby -Dave- » Thu Dec 29, 2011 8:55 am

you guys have a season on crows? we are open all year with no limits
2011 count
6 mallards
1 woody
12 buffies
1 honker
-Dave-
hunter

Postby waterfowlhunter » Mon Jan 02, 2012 9:57 am

Michigan season is aug 1 thru Sept 30 and Feb 1 thru Mar 31 BUT there is no closed season on them if they are causing crop damage ( eating your berry bushes) are considered a nuisence or pose a health hazzard. and I consider ALL crows a nuisence especially when they eat all my deer feed and food plots. So I do shoot them all year long but I do not nesessarily "hunt" them. you would have to drive around until you find an area they are flying or passing thru and then go there with possibl a crow call and a few decoys and see what happens. Just like scouting for duck.
"A free people ought to be armed" George Washington 1790

‘For those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither Liberty nor safety.’ —Ben Franklin.”
waterfowlhunter
Forum & State Moderator

Postby atr04screw » Mon Jan 02, 2012 2:59 pm

Go around and ask some farmers if you can crow hunt their agricultural fields. Most will be more than willing to let you hunt, and I have even seen farmers offer money for people to come shoot their crows. You will most likely need a caller to bring them in, and electronic calls are nice. Foxpro makes very good calls, and I love mine, but you can also buy cassette tapes with crow sounds and stick them in a tape player to call them with. Another big thing is camoflauge. Crows have great sight, so dress head to toe in camo, and you will be good.
atr04screw
hunter

Return to Target Shooting