Football CBA

Discussion of football, baseball, hockey, basketball, Nascar, etc..

Moderators: gotduck68415, HoCoHunter

Football CBA

Postby aggiechiro » Tue Feb 15, 2011 9:39 pm

it seems near impossible that a deal will be reached by the deadline. personally i think the owners should lay out exactly what they'd like. let the players take it, or more likely refuse to come to the table.

on march 5th they should announce that they won't be dealing with a union. the same way jack in the box and burger king don't have to consult when hirirng is how the teams will now act. free market right to work enterprise. reopen signup for the draft, let players who think about a strike know that they can and will be replaced. there are plenty of kids who know they can't make the league that would jump at the chance to fill those spots.

yes quality may go down for a year or two, but we'd never have to worry about a lockout again. the athletes would be like actual workers, either you and the boss come to an agreement or you look somewhere else.
Gig 'em!
aggiechiro
hunter

Re: Football CBA

Postby GroundSwatter » Sun Feb 20, 2011 11:57 am

This whole debate seems silly. Millionaires arguing with Billionaires about putting a few extra bucks in their pocket.

I think it would be silly for the players to force a lock out. Right now NFL is the most popular pro sport out there, if they decide to lock out for a year, then who knows. I don't think it would be like hockey, where the NHL came back and nobody missed them, but I definitely think they will lose supporters.

Honestly, part of me hopes they do go on strike and we have both Saturday and Sunday to watch College Football. How great would it be to get more college teams on major networks? I think it would be awesome.
It's a fact that 70 percent of the people who purchase heavier tackle do so with the categorical I just lost a huge snook! Einstein Hairdo.The other 30 percent have either Tarpon Fever or are sporting a hand cramped into a claw from a deepwater grouper.
GroundSwatter
hunter

Re: Football CBA

Postby aggiechiro » Sun Feb 20, 2011 5:14 pm

GroundSwatter wrote:Honestly, part of me hopes they do go on strike and we have both Saturday and Sunday to watch College Football. How great would it be to get more college teams on major networks? I think it would be awesome.

i'd be just fine with that. theres plenty of games to spread around.
Gig 'em!
aggiechiro
hunter

Return to Sports