Duck Hunting Forum banner

Hunting on a Preserve?

1K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  GADKHNTR 
#1 ·
Hi
This coming Saturday I have the possibility of hunting on a duck preserve. However, as I have mentioned before, I am a student, and this costs a pretty penny ($250). Before I made my final decision I wanteD to ask people's opinion. Has anyone ever hunted on places like this? If anyone can share any insight, that would be great. Link below:

http://duckhuntingingeorgia.com/index.php

#2 ·
I have. It cost about 200 the time I went. Basically it went like this. There were blinds set up about 75 yards apart around a flooded field that wasen't really big. I felt a little uncomfortable huntin so close to people and especially around folks I don't know. So you were put in your blinds and basically the workers went up a ways to a pond that held all these mallards that were bought as eggs and hatched like chickens there and they scared them up, the ducks flew down towards the flooded field and folks busted them. It was kind of funny the time I went, I took a buddy that was new to duck huntin but familiar with a shotgun. The other cats in the blinds didn't have a clue they were callin and waillin high balls before the sun had even thought about comin up, most of them had some dogs that were like there masters. Anyway me and my buddy limited out in about 15 min and sat back for more than two hours while the rest of those idiots tried to hit some ducks and believe you me there were more than enough in the air for everyone to limit out in 15 min. I don't think I would do it again but it was okay, I reckon. Hope this helps.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.