the mallard machine

Share tips and ask questions on all types of duck decoys. Including working, classics, collectable, and carving decoys.

Moderators: HENDU3270, Remman, DUKHTR, fowlhunter

the mallard machine

Postby pointer » Sat Nov 22, 2003 7:48 pm

Anyone out there try The Mallard Machine? How does it work? The question is, is it worth buying? If so, is the 4 duck machine that much better than the 3 duck model. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks
pointer

Postby FOWLER267 » Sun Nov 23, 2003 11:21 pm

I'VE HAD ONE FOR THREE YEARS AND AM VERY HAPPY WITH IT..I MAINLY HUNT VERY SHALLOW WATER SO I JUST DROP IT IN THE WATER AND PUT DECOYS AROUND IT..I USE IT JUST LIKE A CALL(I.E.) ONLY PUSH THE BUTTON WHEN THE DUCKS ARE NOT COMING AT YOU...ALTHOUGH I HAVE JUST LEFT IT ON IN TIMBER AND HAD VERY GOOD; WELL WORLD CLASS RESULTS AT REELFOOT ONE TIME...18 DUCKS IN 25 MINUTES.. WHAT I REALLY LIKE IS THE RUGGED CONSTRUCTION; MINE IS THE OLD SQUARE METAL NON FOLDING MODEL...LOTS OF MOTION DECOYS FALL APART WITH NORMAL USAGE OR EXTREME COLD (THE GOOD DAYS) BUT THE MM JUST KEEPS ON GOING...I HAVE REPLACED THE PUSH BUTTON AND BOTH BATTERY CLIPS BUT THATS IT!
FOWLER267
hunter

Mallard machine info

Postby 3inchmagnum1187 » Tue Dec 02, 2003 5:42 am

I think the mallard machine is a great idea. I wish i had thought of it. But, 199.99 is flat ridiculous for one of these things. All you get is the frame, the legs, and the motor w/ wiring. That's too much money. I have built a few out of angle iron, sucker rod, and old troll motor heads purchased at garage sales. My mallard machines look just like the ones in the store but so far my most expensive one cost me about 20 bucks, factoring the cost of decoys too. If you do purchase one, i suggest using the four decoy model, it will put more ripples on the water and move more decoys in your spread. They do work though, i won't junt without them anymore.
3inchmagnum1187
Newb

Postby MISSOURI DUCK MAN » Wed Dec 24, 2003 4:56 pm

I bought a mallard machine a few years ago(got a discount for working at bass pro). They are extremely effective, especially on calm days. I only have the three duck version and havent used the four duck model. I dont see why it would make much of a difference. Most companies are getting rid of the three duck version and are going to carry the four duck version. If you are lucky the companies might have some left. The are selling for $159.00 right now. Still expensive but well worth it.
MISSOURI DUCK MAN
Newb

Re: the mallard machine

Postby paintduck » Sun Dec 28, 2003 8:15 pm

[quote="pointer"]Anyone out there try The Mallard Machine? How does it work? The question is, is it worth buying? If so, is the 4 duck machine that much better than the 3 duck model. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks[/quote][b][/b] :evil: :evil: :x :x :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :lol: :evil: :arrow: :arrow: :roll: :evil: :twisted: :roll: :evil: :twisted: :roll: :evil: :twisted: :roll: :evil: :twisted: :roll: [code][/code][color=red][/color] :twisted: :twisted: [size=24][/size] :twisted: :twisted:
paintduck
Newb

Mallard Machine.

Postby Str8Meat » Tue Dec 30, 2003 8:32 pm

Save your money and rig a jerk string. JMO.
CAMO UP, CALL EM IN, CUT EM ALL
Str8Meat
hunter

Postby CypressGunner » Wed Jan 21, 2004 6:26 am

I think 3inchmag has got the right idea. However if you don't have the time or ingenuity to build one, the 3 bird machine works just as well as the 4. All you're after is the ripple effect anyway. I was given one for Christmas and have made other ripplers of my own. The ones that I have made cost me about 11 dollars a piece, plus decoy cost .
CypressGunner
Newb

Return to Duck Decoy Forum