Roanoke Rapids Hunters

This is the North Carolina duck hunting forum. A place to discuss duck hunting in North Carolina and other waterfowl.

Moderators: stumpjumper, fowl_wishes, NCSUDucker

Roanoke Rapids Hunters

Postby diversdown » Thu Jan 12, 2006 10:15 am

Has anyone else noticed there has been a serious decline in the duck (ringnecks) mostly at the Roanoke Rapids Lake. Went a couple times in the past week and didn't see the normal swarms of ducks sitting out in the middle. Just curious if anyone else has noticed the samething. :salude:
diversdown
hunter

Postby Monroeduck » Thu Jan 12, 2006 10:42 am

Is darrel still guiding up there shooting the heck out of them each day?
Yeah I'm a curmudgeon and I like it that way. Don't tell me how to do something I already know how to do. Don't ask me for help if you already think you know how to do everything. If you want my opinion just sit back and I'll share.
Monroeduck
hunter

Postby diversdown » Thu Jan 12, 2006 12:12 pm

I have not seen him since around the holidays. :cool: I would think he has moved back to Sharon Harris since there aren't any ducks around
diversdown
hunter

Postby Mr. Taxidermist » Thu Jan 12, 2006 12:31 pm

What's the story with this guy. I've heard so many different things. I'd really like to know what the real scoop is.
Mr. Taxidermist
hunter

Postby Monroeduck » Thu Jan 12, 2006 2:38 pm

sent you a PM
Yeah I'm a curmudgeon and I like it that way. Don't tell me how to do something I already know how to do. Don't ask me for help if you already think you know how to do everything. If you want my opinion just sit back and I'll share.
Monroeduck
hunter

Postby diversdown » Thu Jan 12, 2006 2:44 pm

monroe duck hunter if you sent me a PM i dont see it
diversdown
hunter

Postby Monroeduck » Thu Jan 12, 2006 3:43 pm

Sorry sent it to Mr. Tax, about his question.
Monroeduck
hunter

Postby Duck U 2 » Fri Jan 13, 2006 6:28 am

I've heard stories about him too, but I've never even met him. A freind of mine knows him though.

Not sure what's up w/ the ring necks this year. I suspect it's the warm weather. I did see a few on a pond the other day, along with some blue bills.
-Duck
Duck U 2
hunter

Postby gulfstream » Fri Jan 13, 2006 8:06 am

I was in Fla. over Christmas. Duck hunted a few days, and played some golf while there. Well.....the golf courses down there were COVERED in ringnecks. It was un-real.
A mind is a terrible thing
gulfstream
hunter

Return to North Carolina Duck Hunting