Spinners

Learn and share Illinois river duck hunting with other duck hunters. Have fun and tell your best hunting jokes about Illinois.

Moderators: lostpup, MM, SPatrick, Illinois-Ducker, huntall6

Spinners

Postby duckweed » Fri Jan 13, 2006 11:03 am

ok guys i was just wondering if mojo's and any other spinning wing deoys are outlawed in illinois. i look through the regulations and it never said they were but i never see anyone using them. is this because they don't like them or are they outlawed? please help i want to know if i should buy one for next season.

Thanks

William
BUY A GUN, PISS OFF A LIBERAL!
duckweed
hunter

Postby DRYLOK » Fri Jan 13, 2006 11:20 am

They are not outlawed. They probably never will be outlawed.They do not work like they use to. They are still quite affective on the young birds but so are decoys. I carry mine with me but I don't use it unless I have to. I hunted 17 days this year and used it 2 times and that was just because my buddy doesn't think you can kill ducks without it. :hammering:
"All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent."
-Thomas Jefferson-
DRYLOK
hunter

mojo

Postby bigman15 » Fri Jan 13, 2006 8:10 pm

I use one with a remote so I can turn him off and on, sometimes they start to flair and I can turn him off and they will come back, other times they want to land right on him. Just like with anything it takes time and some practice but its a tool just like a jerk string , a duck call ect.
bigman15
hunter

Postby fish » Wed Jan 18, 2006 4:51 pm

mojo's are outlawed in 13 or 14 states right now, and there is talk that they will be outlawed in a lot more next year. i would wait to see. you can always buy one after they set the regulations. we use one sometimes two. most of the time we just leave them on at all times. sometimes they work sometimss they don't. i think they are starting to become over rated. i kind of wish they would just outlaw them. you are just killing the young stupid birds. in the end hurting the population by killing the young birds.
fish
hunter

Return to Illinois Duck Hunting