perserve mallards?

This is the North Carolina duck hunting forum. A place to discuss duck hunting in North Carolina and other waterfowl.

Moderators: stumpjumper, fowl_wishes, NCSUDucker

perserve mallards?

Postby TARHEEL3ID » Sun Jan 15, 2006 4:34 am

does anybody know what the deal is with these guides offeringhunts for perseve mallards? i have seen where thay hunt them until march 31st.
TARHEEL3ID
hunter

Postby vah2ofowler22 » Sun Jan 15, 2006 9:21 am

I use to guide at a place in NC that offered that. Its a fun way to end the season. Most of the time it is a lot of pass shooting, how ever you can decoy them, i have before. The other good thing is no matter what the weather is like or wind the birds are there and you are gonna get a limit. Its a lot of fun. thats my .02
vah2ofowler22
hunter

Postby Duck U 2 » Sun Jan 15, 2006 2:25 pm

I think they release them, and they are trained to fly to the pond you're hunting. I guess since they raise them, they can do it....??
I've heard they also release Pheasant too.
-Duck
Duck U 2
hunter

Postby Mouse » Wed Jan 18, 2006 12:26 pm

I talked to a guy back last year at the hunting expo in Raleigh. He ran a preserve and offered preserve hunts for Ducks only twice a year but offerd wild swamp hunts during season. He told me its fun especially if you had little beginner hunters becasue there was plenty of action for them. He didn't go into much detail about how it all went down but I know he was out of Greenville, NC. I know that doesn't answer all the questions but it might point anyone interested into the right direction.
Hooked on Quack since 1994!
Mouse
hunter

Preserve Mallards

Postby SweetLips » Fri Jan 27, 2006 11:05 am

Try Tobacco Stick. My dad is going next week-http://www.tobaccostick.com/
SweetLips
Newb

Return to North Carolina Duck Hunting