Duck Hunting Forum banner

ringnecks?

1K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  Gopack 
#1 ·
will a ringneck go into a swamp. I thought i saw some the other day going into a swamp but wasn't sure if it was a ringneck or not?

#3 ·
Yes ringnecks will go into a swamp.

They will go into a swamp as long as there are a few open areas in it, they really like a swamp that has a feeder creek that leads out to a big bodie of water.

They will roost on the big water and get up in the morning and fly up the creek that leads to the swamp that they are feeding in.

marsh shooter

#4 ·
always godo to bring some ringneck decoys into the swamp, they tend to stand out and mallards love them... just my 2 cents

#5 ·
I have killed more Ringnecks in swamps boarding big water when the pressure is really on them. Providing the body of water is beig enough to hold them. But singles and pairs all the time! I once killed some Ringnecks several miles away from any sustanial water on a small beaver pond off a canal. I bet the water was no more than 50x50.

If there is food, cover, security and it shelters them from the wind, heck yeah you can kill them there.

#6 ·
Well if you asked me this before this week I would have said that I doubt you'ld see many ringnecks in swamps.But then I scouted Flat River impdmt in Butner and I swear there were no less than 500 ringnecks in it. I talked to a guy from the Depot and he said he had never seen that many in it before this year.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.