Louisville Ga

For those who enjoy duck hunting in Georgia this is the place to discuss everything from Georgia duck hunting outfitters to hunting pintails, mallards and canvasbacks on lake Seminole.

Moderators: Dep6, Remman, caleb

Louisville Ga

Postby labman63 » Tue Mar 29, 2011 6:35 pm

Anyone close? I might be taking a new job close in about 6 months or so. Will be looking for land and land to train the labs on.

Dave
labman63
hunter

Re: Louisville Ga

Postby Dep6 » Thu Mar 31, 2011 5:30 am

I am not familiar with much over that way, I am in Mid Ga between Macon and Columbus.
Saving the Poodles of America, one Alligator at a time!!
Dep6
Site Admin

Postby swampwise » Tue Apr 19, 2011 1:17 pm

Depends upon what you consider close. I'm just outside of Augusta, but I'm somewhat familiar with the area.
assateague wrote:
Indawoods wrote:I had a great, great aunt born with a vestigial tail. :lol3:

That was your great, great uncle. Tell him to turn around.
swampwise
hunter

Postby labman63 » Thu Jun 16, 2011 8:07 pm

Geesh forgot I posted this. Looks like it's gonna happen. Probably be moving Sept/Oct time frame. I might have to put my dog training business on hold for a little while. New job will be 12/14 hrs 6 or 7 days a week for awhile probably. Plus it will take me some time to secure training land and build client base back up. Still not sure I wanna do this at 48 yrs old and been at same job for 22 yrs
labman63
hunter

Postby august29of73 » Sat Jul 16, 2011 12:35 am

I am in the Dublin Area; I am from Charleston, SC, and this will be my first Middle Ga duck Season.

I am looking to meet some duck hunting pards; I have a few decoys, a modest boat, and have been duck hunting for three years.

Hope some guys will want to hang out.

Thnx.
august29of73
hunter

Postby Duck smackers » Tue Aug 02, 2011 6:43 pm

im in grovetown, its just east of louisville ,louisville is a small place cant eventhink of anything that would take you that way?
lots ao water around, and plenty of farm land and lots of good ol boys. great area! get some time you can look me up got some good spots around the area for woodys and gads.
Duck smackers
hunter

Postby pk38 » Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:24 pm

labman63 wrote:Geesh forgot I posted this. Looks like it's gonna happen. Probably be moving Sept/Oct time frame. I might have to put my dog training business on hold for a little while. New job will be 12/14 hrs 6 or 7 days a week for awhile probably. Plus it will take me some time to secure training land and build client base back up. Still not sure I wanna do this at 48 yrs old and been at same job for 22 yrs

Go for it man! Do what u love! If ur not doing what you love then life sucks I'm in that current situation.....
DU Chapter Sponsor at Morris Innovative High School
Hoping to bring duck hunting to disadvantaged youths
pk38
hunter

Postby labman63 » Mon Dec 26, 2011 4:51 pm

Well the move/job got delayed several months and still not sure if I'm going to take the job or not but I have a meeting in Atlanta Jan 5th and will decide after that. Should give me time to find some dog training ground and start making friends and looking for huntin spots for next yr.
labman63
hunter

Postby fishwater » Wed Dec 28, 2011 12:50 pm

i grew up there and worked there for 5 years after school. still got family there and some land and make it up there regularly since i moved a little south. PM me if you solidfy your plans.
fishwater
hunter

Postby trowlan1 » Fri Jan 13, 2012 1:24 pm

Hey man, sorry I forgot to give you a call a couple months ago. If you do take the job, PM me and I'll try to help you out any way I can. I live about 10 minutes away from Louisville.
trowlan1
hunter

Postby labman63 » Fri Jan 13, 2012 7:09 pm

Looks like a go! But will not be moving until prob Aug or so. Job keeps getting delayed with red tape,permits and such. I'll be coming down soon for a look around to see about housing/land and whatknot. Thanks for all the replys to help out...thats why I love the south!

Dave
labman63
hunter

Return to Georgia Duck Hunting