What did you do to your huntin truck today?

Discussion about Trucks, Cars, Motorcycles, & Trailers.

Moderators: fowl_wishes, whisperin' duck, KCDuckMaster, ajmorell

Re: What did you do to your huntin truck today?

Postby whisperin' duck » Sun May 05, 2013 1:08 pm

2500hdon37s wrote:
whisperin' duck wrote:So shinny! Got the leveling kit going on today and new shoes supposed to be in tomorrow!

it took a good bit of work! but we have a local club meeting/ show we are going to soon so I figured I'd better clean it up!

what tires ya get??

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1367780889.682686.jpg

295/65/20 nitto trail grapplers. So far so good. It did hurt my mileage a bit though.
LadyK wrote:Ya know, day to day, government collapse, zombie apocalypse. A woman's job never changes. :lol3:
whisperin' duck
Forum & State Moderator

Postby 2500hdon37s » Wed May 08, 2013 4:25 pm

good choice! I know a few guys who have them (at least 8 guys) and they love them! and the 295's are only like an inch taller than what you had i think?
NRA and DU member, are you? if not you should be!

rabbitdundied wrote: I use my mojos in places I don't want birds to land.
2500hdon37s
Forum Moderator

Postby woodysniper » Mon May 13, 2013 7:20 pm

New tailgate latch. Image
Remember to spay and nueter your democrats.
woodysniper
hunter

Postby schmitt » Tue May 14, 2013 10:35 am

whisperin' duck wrote:
2500hdon37s wrote:
whisperin' duck wrote:So shinny! Got the leveling kit going on today and new shoes supposed to be in tomorrow!

it took a good bit of work! but we have a local club meeting/ show we are going to soon so I figured I'd better clean it up!

what tires ya get??

295/65/20 nitto trail grapplers. So far so good. It did hurt my mileage a bit though.

Nice truck!

The 295 is how wide the tire is
schmitt
hunter

Postby whisperin' duck » Tue May 14, 2013 3:22 pm

schmitt wrote:
whisperin' duck wrote:
2500hdon37s wrote:

what tires ya get??

Nice truck!

The 295 is how wide the tire is

Really? I thought the 20 was, my world is upside down... :hi:

kidding, thanks!
LadyK wrote:Ya know, day to day, government collapse, zombie apocalypse. A woman's job never changes. :lol3:
whisperin' duck
Forum & State Moderator

Postby schmitt » Wed May 15, 2013 8:35 am

new shoes
Attachments
941660_3025646896717_1430142666_n.jpg
schmitt
hunter

Postby Joe-Nathan » Wed May 15, 2013 8:40 am

Sold her (2000 Xterra 4x4) for a used 2011 Titan CC Pro-4x.

Sent from my free Obama iPhone aboard the Voyager 1
"The difference between death and taxes is death doesn't get worse every time Congress meets." -- Will Rogers (1879-1935)
Joe-Nathan
hunter

Postby 2500hdon37s » Wed May 15, 2013 9:00 pm

uhh... priced out a new one! $64 fat stacks for 2013 GMC denali duramax with the options I'd like to have... about $59-60 with the must have options....

will start saving to throw down on atleast 25-35% for down payment.

2500hdon37s
Forum Moderator

Postby whisperin' duck » Thu May 16, 2013 8:19 pm

2500hdon37s wrote:uhh... priced out a new one! $64 fat stacks for 2013 GMC denali duramax with the options I'd like to have... about $59-60 with the must have options....

Yea, it hurts. But get everything you want, no matter the cost. It's just money. Can't take it with you.
whisperin' duck
Forum & State Moderator

Postby mudpack » Mon Jul 29, 2013 12:55 pm

Took it in to have an estimate for Detroit True Trac units installed in both axles.
Last edited by mudpack on Tue Aug 06, 2013 12:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mudpack
hunter

Postby whisperin' duck » Mon Jul 29, 2013 10:43 pm

Put 37s on ma jeep, wed the 4:56s go in it then, hopefully, this weekend bumpers go on.
whisperin' duck
Forum & State Moderator

Postby 2500hdon37s » Tue Aug 20, 2013 4:10 pm

Did some routine maint. stuff and cleaned it up. only put 80mi on it in the past 2 weeks! HAHAHA! :clapping:

Changed the front and rear diff fluids, coolant flush with a new radiator 2 monthes ago, cleaned out the air filter and re-oiled it, greased all points up front, then washed, clay bared, waxed, quick polish of the wheels, shook out floor mats, dusted inside, cleaned all windows, and then let parked it so gingerly so that its easy to get the motorcycle in and out of the garage!

2500hdon37s
Forum Moderator

Postby 2500hdon37s » Tue Aug 20, 2013 7:35 pm

whisperin' duck wrote:
2500hdon37s wrote:uhh... priced out a new one! $64 fat stacks for 2013 GMC denali duramax with the options I'd like to have... about $59-60 with the must have options....

Yea, it hurts. But get everything you want, no matter the cost. It's just money. Can't take it with you.

true story! and you know what my lady told me??!?!?! I HAVE to keep the truck I have now no matter what!

she gave me full permission when we move to a new place for a nice shop, and said when I get my new truck, this one goes for a full frame off resto! going to fix the rust on the rockers, fix the few dents, repaint. clean, strip, and coat the frame. clean the whole under side really well. more motor mods.... and probably some nice wheels and tires.... after I ditch the body lift and baby 6-7.5in suspension lift in tune of a 10-12in Cognito lift.

might only put the 7-9in Cognito on the new truck when I get it if I keep this one and it gets the full resto!

2500hdon37s
Forum Moderator

Postby whisperin' duck » Tue Aug 20, 2013 7:55 pm

What's the allure of a lift that big on a daily driver? I get it on a toy, I've got 37's on my jeep, but my truck is 2" up n that's more than I really want.
whisperin' duck
Forum & State Moderator

Postby daffy... » Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:01 pm

whisperin' duck wrote:What's the allure of a lift that big on a daily driver? I get it on a toy, I've got 37's on my jeep, but my truck is 2" up n that's more than I really want.

I have a 3 inch on my truck. I rip the crotch out of my jeans once a month. not worth it
daffy...
Forum Moderator

Postby whisperin' duck » Tue Aug 20, 2013 9:14 pm

daffy... wrote:
whisperin' duck wrote:What's the allure of a lift that big on a daily driver? I get it on a toy, I've got 37's on my jeep, but my truck is 2" up n that's more than I really want.

I have a 3 inch on my truck. I rip the crotch out of my jeans once a month. not worth it

Yea, my jeep has got 4" with 37s and I had to spend almost 2k on gears and it sucks getting in and out. I couldn't imagine doing it everyday.
whisperin' duck
Forum & State Moderator

Postby ajmorell » Wed Aug 21, 2013 8:35 am

I never understood that either. I daily drove my ZJ lifted 4.5" on 33s for a couple of months and it was unbearable.
Andy
ajmorell
Forum Moderator

Postby ks_waterfowler » Wed Aug 21, 2013 9:48 am

In the last 2 days I've installed front and rear Weathertechs in my 2013 Tundra. Also swapped out the highway tires out. Couldn't find anything better than 4 ply in a 255 70 18 so had to go to 275 65 18 and got Hankook Dynapro ATMs on her yesterday. Getting quotes for a spray in bed liner and topper. Also trying to decide between Wet Okole or Marathon seat covers. Had marathons before, but the wife wants something "more comfortable than that crappy cordura". Its also a pain in the ass taking the Marathons on and off to wash them.
whistlin_wings wrote:I grew up in a neighborhood with only 3 pools and a public golf course. Thug life is all I know.
ks_waterfowler
hunter

Postby whisperin' duck » Wed Aug 21, 2013 8:48 pm

ks_waterfowler wrote:In the last 2 days I've installed front and rear Weathertechs in my 2013 Tundra. Also swapped out the highway tires out. Couldn't find anything better than 4 ply in a 255 70 18 so had to go to 275 65 18 and got Hankook Dynapro ATMs on her yesterday. Getting quotes for a spray in bed liner and topper. Also trying to decide between Wet Okole or Marathon seat covers. Had marathons before, but the wife wants something "more comfortable than that crappy cordura". Its also a pain in the ass taking the Marathons on and off to wash them.

Not being rude or anything but why did you waste money on hankooks? Also, why a spray in bedliner and a bed cover? A spray in bedliner is for strength and durability. If it were me, and I wanted a bed cover, I'd get a carpet liner or drop in instead of spending the money on a spray in.
whisperin' duck
Forum & State Moderator

Postby ks_waterfowler » Wed Aug 21, 2013 11:51 pm

Hankooks have been a solid tire for me since I was 15. I run 95% gravel and they have held up the best. I had a little run while I was in college of trying others, and the first tires on my 06 Tundra were Geolanders, but since then I have been running the ATM and having good luck with them. One of my buddies had a piece of rebar go into his and it never went flat and made a God awful noise going down the road. I have never had a flat with a Hankook on a vehicle.

I put the camper on during hunting season. It comes off the rest of the year. I take everything I may need and keep it in the back the entire season. Makes it harder for people to steal my stuff. I may not need the layout blinds that day so I can leave them locked up. I carry almost a full pickup truck all hunting season. It gets muddy as well sliding the cart and sled in and out. Also have you ever seen underneath a drop in when they come out? I have when we pulled the one out of my Dakota. I am going to do it right the first time. Come Mid February the topper comes off till Sept. 1. Only thing this truck does is hunt, fish, and tow a boat so I set it up to fit my needs. Its taken me 15 years to figure how to equip my vehicles to fit my hunting style, so I am not going to change what works for me.
whistlin_wings wrote:I grew up in a neighborhood with only 3 pools and a public golf course. Thug life is all I know.
ks_waterfowler
hunter

Postby whisperin' duck » Thu Aug 22, 2013 11:54 am

ks_waterfowler wrote:Hankooks have been a solid tire for me since I was 15. I run 95% gravel and they have held up the best. I had a little run while I was in college of trying others, and the first tires on my 06 Tundra were Geolanders, but since then I have been running the ATM and having good luck with them. One of my buddies had a piece of rebar go into his and it never went flat and made a God awful noise going down the road. I have never had a flat with a Hankook on a vehicle.

I put the camper on during hunting season. It comes off the rest of the year. I take everything I may need and keep it in the back the entire season. Makes it harder for people to steal my stuff. I may not need the layout blinds that day so I can leave them locked up. I carry almost a full pickup truck all hunting season. It gets muddy as well sliding the cart and sled in and out. Also have you ever seen underneath a drop in when they come out? I have when we pulled the one out of my Dakota. I am going to do it right the first time. Come Mid February the topper comes off till Sept. 1. Only thing this truck does is hunt, fish, and tow a boat so I set it up to fit my needs. Its taken me 15 years to figure how to equip my vehicles to fit my hunting style, so I am not going to change what works for me.

Ahh, I thought you meant a bed cover, not a camper. I see tons of people putting a bed cover on and never using their bed any more. in that scenario a spray in bedliner is a waste, IMO.
whisperin' duck
Forum & State Moderator

Postby GMC2500HD » Sat Aug 24, 2013 2:26 pm

Interior and exterior detailing, put my back rack on finally after it sat for 2 months in my garage. Almost time to replace pads and rotors :mad:
GMC2500HD
hunter

Postby 2500hdon37s » Sun Aug 25, 2013 4:41 pm

I dont mind it at all, I really like sitting above traffic so I can see a lot better. I pretty much drive to work get out, work, then hop in to drive home. So I dont mind the jump, as Im not in and out of my truck a lot. still does what I need it to with occasional towing, hauling duck gear, and just driving. the big tires just make it a little easier to get around where I goose hunt.

plus I guess you could say my truck isnt a true daily driver.... I drive my motorcycle to work and school when its not raining or snowing. Or I dont need to haul something large or a passenger. I still run to walmart to get a few things here and there on the bike too.

2500hdon37s
Forum Moderator

Postby 2500hdon37s » Sun Jan 26, 2014 8:43 pm

Post hunting season wash this afternoon. Still have yet to clay bar, glaze, wax truck, and polish wheels.
Products used to get as seen in picture-
Adam's All purpose cleaner
Adam's car wash soap and wash pad
Adam's great white drying towel
Adam's under carriage spray for fender wells
Adam's super VRT for the trim on front bumper, door handles, and on the mirrors.
as well I also used Adam's total interior detailer which really blows stuff like armor- all out of the water!

2500hdon37s
Forum Moderator

Postby Coonass22 » Sat Feb 01, 2014 4:50 am

Sent by pony express
1648 wantin a gatortail

Mud buddy sucks
Coonass22
hunter

PreviousNext

Return to Vehicle forum