Gun vault for pistol

A forum to discuss home defense and personal defense to keep out crime.

Moderators: La. Hunter, badandy970, Montanafowler

Gun vault for pistol

Postby brsutton86 » Mon Apr 11, 2011 3:15 pm

Wanting a small gun vault to put under the bed or somewhere handy. Sole purpose to keep kids from getting to the only gun I keep loaded. Which one do you all like and dislike and why? http://www.gandermountain.com/modperl/p ... _Mini_Safe found this one pretty cheap. Didnt know if a fingerprint would be worth the extra bucks.
Livin' the hive life
Buy USA raw honey

Christian Waterfowlers Assoc.
http://www.thecwa.org
brsutton86
hunter

Re: Gun vault for pistol

Postby TomKat » Mon Apr 11, 2011 4:21 pm

Funny how times change. My dads pistol was always in the bedside table...and it never caused a problem.

That was then, this is now.
TomKat
Dorothy

Postby brsutton86 » Mon Apr 11, 2011 7:15 pm

Yeah I know what you mean. I trust my own, its when they have friends over that worries me. Rather be safe than sorry.
Livin' the hive life
Buy USA raw honey

Christian Waterfowlers Assoc.
http://www.thecwa.org
brsutton86
hunter

Postby TomKat » Tue Apr 12, 2011 7:50 am

brsutton86 wrote:Yeah I know what you mean. I trust my own, its when they have friends over that worries me. Rather be safe than sorry.

Those kids haven't had the strict moral upbringing you have given your kids??? :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Times have changed. If one of my "friends" would have crossed the line with dads guns, I would have whipped they ass myself, or face the wrath of my father. Fear is a powerful motivator, and our PC society does not want anyone to be afraid of anything, except business and republicans, and of course, religon.
TomKat
Dorothy

Postby swampwise » Wed Apr 13, 2011 2:25 pm

I've got one like that bolted to my nightstand, and it works fine for me. My only gripe is that it's a little slow to unlock via the keypad, so I keep it open at night for quick access. There's also a version that goes inside a drawer that looks pretty good too, but it doesn't have the quick access keypad.

Whatever you get, bolt it down. If, God forbid, your house ever does get burglarized, it's easy to make off with a whole safe and open it later, and you don't want your guns in the hands of a couple of burglars in the middle of a crime spree.
assateague wrote:
Indawoods wrote:I had a great, great aunt born with a vestigial tail. :lol3:

That was your great, great uncle. Tell him to turn around.
swampwise
hunter

Return to Home and Personal Defense Forum