Turkey Hunting is going to get a lot harder in my State...

A wild turkey hunting forum for hunting turkeys in the spring and fall seasons.

Moderators: stumpjumper, MossyGO!

Turkey Hunting is going to get a lot harder in my State...

Postby Eschutz » Wed Apr 13, 2011 7:58 am

Hey Guys-

The Sportsmen's Alliance (TSA) has developed an interactive website, http://www.VoteNo-On657.com, where fellow concerned hunters and citizens, from ALL STATES can voice their opposition to this Bill and add their name's to a petition against it.

Some quick background:

House Bill 657, introduced by Representative Kathi-Anne Reinstein (D- Suffolk), would radically increase size of the state’s no hunting zones near occupied dwellings, effectively destroying coastal waterfowl hunting.

Currently, state law prohibits possessing a loaded firearm or hunting on someone else’s land within 500 feet of an occupied dwelling without the dwelling owner’s permission. This bill would arbitrarily double that distance to 1,000 feet.

If passed, the bill would force sportsmen to get permission to hunt from adjacent land owners even on many of the lands they currently hunt. In effect the bill will shut down vast tracks of land that are currently open to hunting.

Please take a look, cast your vote, and provide any additional information that you can, such as email address, which we will only use to keep everyone up to speed and provide updated information on how we are crushing this bill.

Also, if you'd like to provide additional support, ideas, or feedback on the site and cause, feel free to contact me through the "Contact & Links" section of http://www.VoteNo-On657.Com, PM or email The Sportsmen's Alliance at: voteno.on657@gmail.com.

Thank you all. Let's show how united we are and that we will stand up together for our sport.

Erich Schutz
The Sportsmen's Alliance (TSA) - Director
Hauptmann-Team Sneak Attack

kal9wt wrote:Classic.  

Just walk right up and start shooting, sounds eerily remenescent of the bathing beach incident. Have fun E-Tard

TSA '11-'12
Shells: 310
Snows 29

KEA
Eschutz
hunter

Re: Turkey Hunting is going to get a lot harder in my State...

Postby phutch30 » Thu Apr 14, 2011 3:41 pm

If someone was blasting a shotgun 160 yards from my house I might be inclined to be upset. IF you have permission fine but if you dont thats pretty darn close to a house.
....its like taking x-lax when you have a bad cough. It wont clear up your lungs, but it sure stops you from coughing
phutch30
hunter

Postby Eschutz » Thu Apr 21, 2011 9:13 am

phutch30 wrote:If someone was blasting a shotgun 160 yards from my house I might be inclined to be upset. IF you have permission fine but if you dont thats pretty darn close to a house.

Hey guys-

We are currently doing ballistics and acoustics testing to further debunk the validity of this proposed bill, and the safety claims made by Rep. Reinstein. Check out the site for news on this, updates and other enhancements we've been adding.

Thanks for all the support. Over 10,00 emails have been sent and periodic check-ins with the Joint Committee have confirmed that we are being heard.

Stay tuned in!

Cheers,

Erich
The Sportsmen's Alliance (TSA) - Director

Just walk right up and start shooting, sounds eerily remenescent of the bathing beach incident. Have fun E-Tard

TSA '11-'12
Snows 29

KEA
Eschutz
hunter

TSA Update 4/26/2011

Postby Eschutz » Tue Apr 26, 2011 7:48 am

TSA writes to Kathi Anne Reinstein suggesting HB657 be withdrawn!

Click here for details: http://www.voteno-on657.com/President_s_Corner.html

TSA '11-'12
Snows 29

KEA
Eschutz
hunter

News Flash

Postby Eschutz » Wed May 04, 2011 8:01 am

Assistant Minority Leader Robert L. Hedlund contacts TSA voicing his opposition to HB657! Click here for details: http://voteno-on657.com/News_and_Status.html

TSA '11-'12
Snows 29

KEA
Eschutz
hunter

Postby Eschutz » Wed May 25, 2011 7:40 am

Reinstein fails to respond. Another “Fluffernutter”? Rep. K. Reinstein, sponsor of HB 657 has no comments? Does she support her own bill? CLICK HERE FOR DETAILS: http://voteno-on657.com/Home_Page.php

TSA '11-'12
Snows 29

KEA
Eschutz
hunter

Return to Turkey Hunting Forum