Duck Hunting Forum banner

Anyone ever hunt Ontario?

3K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  vtx1800lover 
#1 ·
I am new to coming to Canada and its going to be our first trip. We know a farmer who lives in Ontario I am not sure where exactly, I am going to find out soon when I get more info on our trip. But any info about hunting in Ontario would be appreciated, when would the best time be to come up? Thanks for any info.

#2 ·
I live in Ontario and would love to help you out; but it's a big place, so I'll have to know a little more about whe're your going . hunting can be very good, depending on what your after, and where your going.

#4 ·
Hello Guys

Archie here, newbe to the form, From Cobourg, Ontario EH !

First you need to get the proper forms to bring your shotguns accross the bourder Im not sure but will find out for you in the comming week.

The hunting season in most cases starts the last Satrday in September and runs to December 31 st with some special seasons for Geese.

I am in eastern Ontario on the north shore of Lake Ontario, accross Lake Ontario due north of Rochester NY. Some good duck and goose hunting can be had on Rice Lake just a 1/2hour north and excelent hunting for Goose and divers and long with puddle ducks along the shores of Lake Ontario to the St Lawrence river from Brighton in the West to the shores of Quebec.
Also Luther marsh to the northwest near Arther Ontario has been my favorite for decades. Holand Marsh , on Cooks Bay on the south shores of Lake Simco to Lake Couchacing just to the north.
The Crow River in Havlock is know for great duck and goose hunting as well.

I hope this hase been of some guidence I am by no means and expert but will enjoy helping you out when I can.

Drop me an e-mail and I will forward you the regulations and season information as soon as they become available.

Cheers, Archie

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.