Appleton

This Midwestern state holds many waterfowl species. Post here and read others views on Wisconsin duck hunting. From the mighty Mississippi river to the west to the great lake of Michigan on the east, WI has many different types of hunting available to hunters.

Moderators: NickCies80, Pete-pec

Appleton

Postby BigBirds » Sun Jan 22, 2006 11:16 am

Is there any good duck/goose hunting near Appleton,WI
BigBirds
hunter

Postby bubba1 » Mon Jan 23, 2006 9:29 pm

Poygan is not bad, but gets alot of pressure, a couple of small public land parcels a short drive to the north. But if your in Appleton, why not just head for the bay? More land, more birds, more water, and after opener a lot less people.

Just my 2 cents.

bubba1
There is room for all of God's creatures, right next to the potatos and gravy.
bubba1
hunter

Collins marsh is also an option

Postby FavretheloveofthePack » Tue Jan 31, 2006 11:49 am

Check on Collins marsh. ok Duck hunting (numbers have been down again), Great goose hunting. The dominant hunting club in the area is Rockea, but many farmers used to give us permission prior to the time we joined rockea.

-Matt
How long until season opens again? D'oh!!!

Support our troops!
FavretheloveofthePack
hunter

Postby WIgunner30 » Tue Jun 20, 2006 12:36 am

if i want a bit of a drive the green lake area holds alot of ducks all season. Rush lake by pickett was decent but alot of pressure and now its drained for 2 years cause the dnr is doing work on it. I can see that lake from my dads farm. Should be better hunting out there though after 2 yrs.
WIgunner30
hunter

Postby Duckseason-Fire » Tue Jun 20, 2006 6:46 am

Have lived in Appleton 5 years and feel like am just starting to find some good spots. They are around. Some inland marshes up near Seymour and Shiocton and as was mentioned, some spots to be found on the bay. I am boatless at this point, so do all my gunning from shore. I know there are alot more out there that I don't know about, but thats half the fun.
Duckseason-Fire
hunter

Return to Wisconsin Duck Hunting