Duck Hunting Forum banner

stevens model 30 g stevens favorite 22 cal

3K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  toolmaker 
#1 ·
i got this nice little shooter, it says on the barrel 22 long rifle, can you shoot cb caps and shorts through it or will it hurt the barrel

#2 ·
Today most 22 rifles call for Long Rifle loads...........................

However, cb short, cb longs, shorts and longs, can be hand loaded if possible, just that they will not work with
the way the rifle is set up and bad feeding and jams will happen due to too short of a case or too low of chamber pressure to work the action.

If you can get it into the chamber, it will fire................. don't know about the extraction ?

Good shooting.

#4 ·
you can shoot them fine, should be with no troubles either..

that gun is a falling block single shot....there is no critical feeding mechanism to trip you up with poor or odd shell shapes.

as long as all your shells have a decent "standard" rim, you are good to go

the shorter the shell the further the jump before the bullet engages rifleing...but you are just plinking probably , for fun and the poor accuracy wont be an issue Id guess.

I have a few original rifles like that...fun to shoot

THE TOOL

#5 ·
Sagebrush said:

However, cb short, cb longs, shorts and longs, can be hand loaded if possible, just that they will not work with
the way the rifle is set up and bad feeding and jams will happen due to too short of a case or too low of chamber pressure to work the action.

If you can get it into the chamber, it will fire................. don't know about the extraction ?

Good shooting.
Really? I never heard of handloading rim fire shells.... :huh:

#6 ·
TomKat said:
Sagebrush said:

Good shooting.
Really? I never heard of handloading rim fire shells.... :huh:
handload into the chamber, i am sure is what he means as opposed to an autoloading gun!!!

the tool

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.